INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank screen on Shield when playing blu-ray mkv  (Read 991 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Blank screen on Shield when playing blu-ray mkv
« on: March 19, 2020, 11:14:30 am »

I wrote about a version of this issue a while back (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124208.0.html), but then I was getting an error message: now I'm not (and incidentally, I didn't have any time to do any further tests then, but I have now: see below).

OK: what happens is that I make Shield Android TV my zone and play a blu-ray mkv to it; so the Shield is the renderer, my HTPC is the server. It seems to be playing on the server, but nothing happens on the Shield except the rewind-play-fast forward-etc. controls come up, and then. . . nothing. I attached an MC log.

Relevant stats:

MC: 26.0.35, 64 bit
Android TV Version: 26.0.35, 64 bit
MKV: video h.264, audio flac, subtitles pgs, 17.5 gb
HTPC: wired connection (cat7), though a 50 ft. one (PC is in the basement across the house from the Shield, if cord length makes any difference).
Media Network settings/Client Options: audio = "Don't Convert Audio;" video = "Original"
Router: https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/R8000.aspx
IP: Fios gigabit

Edit: put my router/IP stuff in too.

Thanks for any help!!

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blank screen on Shield when playing blu-ray mkv
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 04:04:59 pm »

Do you only have the one DLNA server configuration set up? I just want to make sure it's not using a configuration where it might be trying to transcode the video.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Blank screen on Shield when playing blu-ray mkv
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 05:00:11 pm »

I have 2, but the Shield Android TV zone is associated with Legacy UPNP.

Sorry: I mistakenly included the client info. when I was writing. That would be if the Shield is pulling from the server after I loaded the server's library, not if I'm pushing from the server to the Shield. My bad.

Anyway, Legacy UPNP's settings were

Audio: Specified Output Format, PCM L24 No header
Video: Original

I just changed the audio to "Original" too, but the same thing happened as outlined in my original post.

So, to sum up: no transcoding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up