INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT-Holocaust memorial day  (Read 1070 times)

zevele10

OT-Holocaust memorial day
« on: April 28, 2003, 02:04:35 pm »

I feel that some may like to know how you can commemorate such a thing.
In this case - and the reason i post- less is more.
Not a very strong aspect [ i mean 'less is more' ]of our personality ,so worth mentioning it.

First : our day start at sunset when the 3 stars - i do not remember which ones..- are in the sky . And finish when they are back again ,22 or 23 or 24 ,25 hours later.

This evening all places 'of fun' are closed: coffe shops,restaurants , theaters , concerts and so on.
All cable and sat chanels give only programs related to Shoa.
All radios play only slow and sad israelis songs - trust me ,we are VERY good at it...-

Next day , everythings normal ,schools, offices, life as normal . Only the 'places of fun ' are still close.

At 10 O'clock throught all the country sirens will ring [?]

And ALL the country will stop ,just standing up with the head bowed [?.. bow i mean ]

If you are driving in town or on hightway or express way ,you stop you car ,you go out of it and you stand up.
If you are travelling in bus or train , they stop and passengers and driver stand up.
Planes do not stop to fly ;D but they do not land or take of at around 10 O'clock.
If you are at your job speaking on the phone ,you just stop and stand up.
If you are buying cigarettes ,ready to get your change ,seller and buyer will stop in the midle and stand up.
It last only 2 or 3 minutes , but ,according to all people ,jews or not , this minutes are so powerfull and devastating that you shive , you cry, you fell you will never be  able to walk again when the sirens silent.

The first time i was here for such a day was long long ago , i was young. Close to me ,i saw old people standing with the death camp tatoos on they arms.

Back in France i had nightmares for months

I can say that ,this day is a main raison why i leave here now and why i cry when posting right now

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: OT-Holocaust memorial day
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 02:18:32 pm »

Bonsoir Zev,

Je te comprends....

Au même moment j'ai l'air con avec mes petits dessins à  la noix pour egayer les ratings de MC.

Shalom Yon,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

zevele10

Re: OT-Holocaust memorial day
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 02:22:07 pm »

Tu n'as pas l'air con ,car la seule reponse est VIVRE et rire.
Tres difficile pour les survivants , voir Primo Levi et d'autres.
Sorry i do not fell like to translate... just not enought strenght
Pages: [1]   Go Up