INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Over Capacity" on Sync issue  (Read 846 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Over Capacity" on Sync issue
« on: March 28, 2020, 03:06:41 am »

I have a microSD card with 186Gb free.
I have a playlist with 161Gb worth of FLAC.
I'm trying to send all these files to the card as FLAC.

MC complains "99.4GB Over capacity"

I allow MC to remove the over capacity in order to proceed and the transfer drops from 3000+ files to 156.

Yikes!

If the capacity calculation is too difficult to get right (and it's clearly WAY OFF here) how about allowing the transfer to go ahead until the drive is full (which it won't be in this instance) and deal with the error when it arrives?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: "Over Capacity" on Sync issue
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 07:17:35 am »

What version of MC are you using?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 07:28:28 am »

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 08:09:24 am »

Could you mail me a log?  It might offer some clues.  Matt at JRiver.  Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 08:24:12 am »

I have this problem all the time. The solution is to sync and allow MC to remove files over the "limit" automatically, and then sync again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 01:11:53 pm »

Make sure the mode is set to Conversion > Audio > Mode > Specified output format only when necessary.  Also make sure FLAC is in the supported types.

Otherwise it might be calculating conversion which can throw things off.

I just set up a transfer of all my APE files to a device on my hard drive and it worked properly.  It's 168 GB transfer and it showed it exactly right.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 05:28:51 am »

Just to follow up publicly (Matt and I conferred over email).  While experimenting, I ended up wiping the card and starting over and MC now syncing correctly.  The card was populated by a previous version of MC (most likely 24) and hadn't been used for some time, so I wonder whether there might have been some card database mismatch or some other data on the card that was tripping things up.  Either way it's resolved now.  Back to the music!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 07:44:31 pm »

As that was the cause, I think you could have deleted the card database from the card and then MC would have re-created it as part of the next sync. That could save some sync time, for future readers.

The card database is called "Database.mpl" and should be found in the root directory of the card.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up