INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 26.0.47 -- Available Here  (Read 4119 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 26.0.47 -- Available Here
« on: March 31, 2020, 07:48:02 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 26.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260047.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260047-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

26.0.47 (3/30/2020)

1. Fixed: The ownership of the display could still become invalid in certain cases.

26.0.46 (3/30/2020)

1. Fixed: Starting in Playing Now would still steal the display away from Display View if you started windowed.

26.0.45 (3/30/2020)

1. Fixed: Seeking with the MCWS function Playback/Position would not work properly with remote zones.

26.0.44 (3/30/2020)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.26.
2. Fixed: Jumping to Playing Now no longer triggers if the program is already in Display View (so the display ownership stays correct).
3. NEW: Added the expression function Letter(...) to output the starting letters of a string.

26.0.43 (3/27/2020)

1. Fixed: Stopping after the next track advanced two tracks instead of one in build 42.
2. Changed: Removed the option to advance after stopping after a track (now always advances).

26.0.42 (3/27/2020)

1. Fixed: Lyrics drawing wouldn't work well if the lyrics only had a \n for a newline.
2. Changed: Lyrics drawing lets longer lines stay together.
3. NEW: Lyrics drawing can break the lyrics into pages (right-click > Pages on the lyrics display).
4. Changed: Picking Options > General > Remove files from Playing Now after they are played would not work nicely with the Stop After Next command.
5. Changed: Made picking the option Stop After Playing Track advance to the next track on stop.
6. NEW: Added the expression function TrimLines(...) to standardize and consolidate newlines.
7. Changed: "Tree & View > Advanced > Display missing file image in lists" will now be used in the thread that checks file existence (to avoid shutdown lags, etc.).
8. Fixed: When loading EPG data, the entry would appear twice in the power manager part of Reporter.

26.0.41 (3/25/2020)

1. Fixed: Standard View EPG filter box did not keep selection (always changed back to "All Programs") when an update occurred.
2. Fixed: The latitude and longitude would not be read in full resolution from some images.
3. Fixed: The installer would not run on some systems.
4. Changed: Reporter shows the audio analyzed and video analyzed on separate lines.

26.0.40 (3/24/2020)

1. Fixed: Possible playback problems from a buffer change.

26.0.39 (3/23/2020)

1. Changed: When a TV recording is started, Theater View views that show TV recordings will be updated to include the newly added file.
2. Changed: "Use current audio stream as default" context menu item now works on clients playing live TV channels.
3. Changed: JRiver Time-shifting Reader filter will reset subtitle time-stamp upon channel-changes when time-shifting DVB TV channels, in an attempt to fix a subtitle display issue.  Testing is appreciated.
4. Fixed: Wavpack could not play files over 2GB properly.
5. Fixed: Another fix to the statusbar rule option naming (should allow customize now).
6. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.24 (fixes legacy decoding of 24-bit files).
7. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
8. Fixed: Some MP4 files could cause MC to crash.
9. Changed: When renaming a file that has a JRiver Sidecar, the new sidecar file will be updated to reflect the new file path.

26.0.38 (3/20/2020)

1. Fixed: Corrected the spelling of the StatusBar Rule registry setting.
2. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
3. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
4. NEW: Added the Char(...) expression function to output a character from the numeric code of the character.
5. NEW: Added Artists, Genres, Albums, Years, and Playlists to the Reporter view.
6. NEW: Added the most played albums and tracks to the Reporter view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rec head

Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.47 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 08:25:14 am »

I didn't want to start a whole new thread but just thought I'd say thanks. MC has 80 million settings and features that I will never use but whenever I start using a new to me feature it is great. Recently I converted some bluray music to mulit-channel flac for the first time.

Now to decide on using particles or splitting up the files into individual tracks...

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 03:01:18 pm »

Couple of remote view bugs (Panel, gizmo, jremote):
1. Expression to display doesn't seem to have any effect for Panel/gizmo/JRemote. Client always shows only "Expression to group by" value

2. My random album view has stopped working some time ago. I only get empty items on panel (Same script works still in MC view). I suspect it has something to do with limit keyword. e.g.  [Media Sub Type]=[]  ~limit=10,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~a

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 12:19:06 pm »

Came here to report, what I believe Lepa is reporting, regarding expression to display not working on panel/gizmo/JRemote.

The expression to display is not being honored if it's the last category listed.  From poking around on the forum I see that Wer reported this back on build 26.0.35 as well.

A fix for this would be nice.

wer

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 01:35:48 am »

I've found some very strange behavior with two remote commands (available in Remote Control->Commands->Add Media Center Command):

Use Next Subtitle Set
Use Previous Subtitle Set

These are then bound to a button on the remote with a trigger code, as normal.  This is being used in Theater View.

Issue #1: If you press Use Next Subtitle Set repeatedly, when it comes to the end of the list of available subtitles, it fails catastrophically: the screen goes black (except for a MC logo) and MC actually changes zones.  Your movie playback is lost, and you have to go back to standard view, change to the zone the movie was playing in, and stop it.  Because it's no longer playing in fullscreen theater view.  This can't be correct behavior.

Use Previous Subtitle Set does not exhibit that fatal zone-switching black-screen behavior!

Issue #2: Neither of these commands "loops".  This means when you get to end of the list, in either direction, you're stuck.  The only way to move in the other direction, to select a different subtitle set, is to have BOTH of these commands bound.  This is bad, and extremely wasteful of buttons.  I think the commands should loop.

So for example, if you have 2 subtitle tracks, your subtitle menu will look like this:
Off - Sub1 - Sub2 - Null

Pressing "Use Next Subtitle Set" repeatedly currently yields this behavior (assuming you are on OFF when you start):
Sub1, Sub2, Null,  Black Screen/Zone Switch/End of Video

Pressing "Use Previous Subtitle set" repeatedly currently yields this behavior (assuming you are on NULL when you start):
Sub2 - Sub1 - Off - Off -Off - Off  (you're stuck here).

In my opinion, it SHOULD produce:
Sub2 - Sub1 - Off - Null - Sub2 - Sub1 - Off - Null   (and so on)

Since these two command seem to be totally broken for the intended purpose, one must instead run an external MCC command like 10052 MCC_SET_SUBTITLES.  It's worth noting that MCC_SET_SUBTITLES does indeed loop through the list of available subtitles, so it can be used properly on a remote button.

Am I totally confused about what these two commands are supposed to do, or is something wrong here?

Thanks...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 02:23:02 am »

Since these two command seem to be totally broken for the intended purpose, one must instead run an external MCC command like 10052 MCC_SET_SUBTITLES.  It's worth noting that MCC_SET_SUBTITLES does indeed loop through the list of available subtitles, so it can be used properly on a remote button.

These two commands are literally built-in aliases for MCC_SET_SUBTITLES,-1 (forward) and MCC_SET_SUBTITLES,-2 (backwards), your explained behavior does not make any sense, since there is no second subtitle selection logic.
There is no logic at all that would make it swap zone or anything like that.

My guess is that something about your remote bindings was triggering something else entirely.

The only issue I saw, looping forwards works fine, but when going backwards it seems to get stuck on "null" if its present, but nothing else weird happens.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 02:29:52 am »

I guess you'd better try it yourself then.

My description is accurate, and I tested it on two computers.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 02:36:52 am »

I guess you'd better try it yourself then.

I did, nothing happens except as described above. And I also fixed the "previous" being stuck on Null/Off, but I cannot observe anything weird with "next".
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 03:01:24 am »

Subtitle next/previous UI have some usability issues for me too.

Workflow:
Playing bluray folder, the Subtitles OSD shows: Off, English, Null, SRT subtitles
Pressing RIGHTs will eventually start to cycle between "English" and "Null". Then trying with LEFTs it goes from "Off" to "SRT" and stops cycling there

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 03:04:46 am »

Subtitle next/previous UI have some usability issues for me too.

Workflow:
Playing bluray folder, the Subtitles OSD shows: Off, English, Null, SRT subtitles
Pressing RIGHTs will eventually start to cycle between "English" and "Null". Then trying with LEFTs it goes from "Off" to "SRT" and stops cycling there

That should also be fixed I believe, the "Null" option was causing a few issues as it sometimes thought both Null and Off were enabled at the same time due to a bug, so on Previous it would cycle between them, and on "Next" it would skip over one of them - but if you put an external subtitle in between Off and Null, then it would get stuck there instead.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 03:12:20 am »

Well, it is strange.  There's nothing else on the system that responds to the IR codes.  Also, I checked, and that trigger code was assigned to nothing else in MC.  More importantly, when tested this, I kept the same IR trigger code, and just changed the command.

If the command was "mc26.exe /MCC 28032,-1" then everything worked perfectly.
If the command was "Use Next Subtitle Set" then the behavior changed to what I described above.

If the issue was something else being activated by that trigger code, then it would happen whenever I used that trigger code.  But it doesn't. It only misbehaves when the trigger code activates "Use Next Subtitle Set."

Very puzzling.

It's also strange that if there was only one subtitle switching logic as you said, how is it possible for the "Use Previous Subtitle Set" command to have the stuck at null/off bug, when the MCC equivalent does NOT have that bug?  For that dichotomy to be possible, there must be some difference...

Is there some log file you'd like to see that would delineate exactly what is happening when the IR codes come in?

If you'd rather drop it if no one else can reproduce it, that's no big deal, as I can get by fine using the MCC commands.  I just figured it would work faster and more efficiently to use the built-ins rather than spawning mc26.exe every time.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:22:23 am »

If the command was "mc26.exe /MCC 28032,-1" then everything worked perfectly.
If the command was "Use Next Subtitle Set" then the behavior changed to what I described above.

Both of those exhibit the exact same behavior for me. Its more obvious when using "Previous", due to getting stuck on Off/Null, but the same behavior either way.
The only difference is that the direct command without MC26.exe shows the OSD much more quickly to indicate the current selection.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 03:24:59 am »

For me, the mc26.exe MCC commands never get stuck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up