INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote control transcode  (Read 616 times)

AlexChato9

JRemote control transcode
« on: March 31, 2020, 11:10:16 pm »

Hi there!

First of all, I tried with the original JRemote app, JRemote 2, MC26 and MC24 without any success... My problem is when I try to play a 24 bits/192kHz file that I choosed with my Android JRemote device or iPad, it shows the right resolution of the music file, but my client JRiver PC which is synced to my server MC library is always transcoding to MP3 320 48 kHz... I made sure transcode audio is disable and the strange part is if I select the same file directly on my JRiver client PC, it's playing it at the right resolution... What am I missing? Here's 2 pictures of a song started with the client MC and the other one started with the iPad. You can see on the DAC that the sampling rate isn't the same...

Thanks!

AlexChato9

Re: JRemote control transcode
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 11:18:20 pm »

Well well it was once again the General DLNA setting that changed itself without doing anything to my previous MC24 install! Note to myself to always check this setting!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote control transcode
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 11:46:44 pm »

If you just upgraded from MC24 to MC26, did the upgrade process find the previous Library, and hence carry the settings across?
If not, did you Restore an MC24 Library which includes the MC settings from the Client PC on the Client PC?

If neither of the above happened, MC was just using default settings, which includes transcoding to MP3s for Clients.

Also, as you are playing to a MC Client connected to a MC Server, it would be the "Options > Media Network > Client Options (when connected to a Library Server) > Audio Conversion" settings that would affect whether the audio was transcoded or not, and not the "Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > {select a DLNA Server} > Audio > Mode" settings.

TL;DR MC doesn't randomly change settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up