INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Cover Art Displayed after MC26 Upgrade  (Read 365 times)

headshred

No Cover Art Displayed after MC26 Upgrade
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:13:41 pm »

I just upgraded and none of my cover art is displaying.
I searched the forum and did not see this specific issue posted.  Please assist.
I should mentioned I've checked any obvious settings that would lead to resolution such as Options for File Locations And cover art.
But while this was the most obvious issue after upgrade, I also cannot access my music through the app although, it has not changed location.
Would be great to speak to a human real-time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Cover Art Displayed after MC26 Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 01:29:13 pm »

Check the setting for cover art location.

headshred

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 01:50:49 pm »

Thanks, after posting I realized that while the app is displaying all Artist & Album names, it is not  playing my music and gives me a message "File Not Found"

However if I open v24, everything shows up as it always did and plays normally.  I am extremely frustrated.  I work on computers for a living; I don't want to invest this much time in playing some tunes. 

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 01:52:05 pm »

MC26 supposedly has a new feature that copies your thumbnails over when you do an upgrade, but perhaps it didn't work for you.  You might have to manually copy your cover are from the old location to the new one.

I had to restore a library backup after the MC26 upgrade for everything to be recognized.  This is not supposed to be necessary, but I found it was required for both MC25 and MC26.  The upgrade process is still not seamless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up