INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Keep Currently Playing Track Visible in Playing Now?  (Read 645 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
How To Keep Currently Playing Track Visible in Playing Now?
« on: April 04, 2020, 09:06:30 pm »

Hi all!

In Playing Now, how do you make the whole window move up one line every time a new track starts? I want the high-lighted/displayed/selected (or whatever its called) "track that is playing" to always be at a consistent place on the screen. It seems that sometimes this happens; sometimes not.

Sometimes the Playing Now window just stays at a static spot and you have to scroll down hunting for the currently playing track.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How To Keep Currently Playing Track Visible in Playing Now?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:37:51 pm »

Try setting "Options > General > Remove files from Playing Now after they are played" on.

That will remove the previously played tracks and leave the current track, highlighted, at the top of the list. See if you like that or not.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 10:03:23 am »

Whenever I select or reselect "Playing Now' in Standard View it resets to the center. 

Does that not happen for you?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 03:40:52 pm »

Whenever I select or reselect "Playing Now' in Standard View it resets to the center. 

Does that not happen for you?

Do you mean the horizontal divider resets to the middle position vertically on the screen? No, doesn't happen to me. Each View remembers where I left the horizontal divider, even through MC restarts, at least for a local Library... and also using a MC Server Library on a Client, and for Playing Now, even through switching Libraries.

If you mean something else, post a before and after image.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 04:06:57 pm »

In standard view the file being played is kept centre view as seen in the images below, unless you have a large window for the playlist when it progresses down the list and keeps itself about 4 files from the bottom of the screen. Don't think I did anything special to achieve this, as far as I remember this was instigated during MC25.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 05:47:28 pm »

In standard view the file being played is kept centre view as seen in the images below, unless you have a large window for the playlist when it progresses down the list and keeps itself about 4 files from the bottom of the screen.

Ah, now I understand Dawgincontrol's question.

My installation does as BigSpider says above. Little list. Big list. Doesn't matter. The current Track is kept four tracks from the bottom, if I don't have MC removing Tracks from the Playlist as they are played.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 06:34:37 pm »

Yes, usually my current track seems to kept four tracks from the bottom. I like this behavior, but sometimes it doesn't do this. Sometimes the Playing Now screen stays in one place and the currently playing track goes way down. Dawgincontrol had a good idea. When I get "lost" just select another Zone or something and then reselect the Playing Now I want to use. But I am trying to understand the behavior so I can control it better.

I don't want to remove played tracks as we refer to tracks from earlier in the day sometimes.

Actually, it would be cool to have a setting to control the "four tracks from the bottom" number. I would like it a little higher up so I can see further ahead. My Track Info is usually not that big, so I can see more tracks.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 09:55:50 am »

I like your idea about being able to adjust where the currently playing track sits.  There is a thread for feature requests which may get this noticed.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122571.0/topicseen.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up