INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube crashes JRiver in Theatre View  (Read 782 times)

TorqW

• World Citizen
YouTube crashes JRiver in Theatre View
« on: April 05, 2020, 03:17:25 am »

Now the kids are old enough, I’ve added back YouTube as one of the options (albeit nested). However, whenever I select it JRiver hangs. It’s the same issue whether I select it on the client or server.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I’m running vers 26.0.47.

Thanks as ever for any advice.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: YouTube crashes JRiver in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 11:28:27 pm »

Exact same problem here.  As soon as you select youtube, you get the Windows 7 "spinning blue ring" and it's hung until you kill MC.

Whether General->Features->Streaming is enabled or disabled has no impact on the crashing.

I do not have a youtube-dl directory in the plugins directory.  Downloaded the plugin manually and put the exe there, didn't help.

No firewall or antivirus running.  That's not it.

I know there were issues recently with Youtube in MC that required program changes.  Is this actually supposed to be working at the moment?

Here's the hang data:

Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
  Application Name:   Media Center 26.exe
  Application Version:   26.0.47.0
  Application Timestamp:   5e829bfd
  Hang Signature:   6737
  Hang Type:   0
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1:   67377c8682e4cec1f2f9beaeb8454a58
  Additional Hang Signature 2:   f5e2
  Additional Hang Signature 3:   f5e2b5b449ddaadeacb46df5644c2bb7
  Additional Hang Signature 4:   6737
  Additional Hang Signature 5:   67377c8682e4cec1f2f9beaeb8454a58
  Additional Hang Signature 6:   f5e2
  Additional Hang Signature 7:   f5e2b5b449ddaadeacb46df5644c2bb7

wer

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 06:01:23 pm »

Interestingly, the Trailers function in Theater View does work fine playing trailers from Youtube, even though trying to use the YouTube menu item in Theater View causes this hang.

Anyone have any ideas?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:08:33 pm »

Yep, it is broken. It is supposed to be working.

MC still has a little memory and network activity, so not completely dead. But it isn't responding to Windows, so effectively dead.

YouTube sign in is no longer working in MC anyway, so I just use a browser these days, because I want the personalised experience. I need to log in for that.

Reference: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124329.0.html

YouTube still works in Standard View (sort of), just without being able to sign in.

PS: The trailers function just needs to download the trailer video, for which it uses the free youtube-dl.exe program and the URL from TheMovieDB which is saved in the [Trailer] field by the "Get Movie & TV Info" function, and then play the video. So no sign in required, and no App interface. Much simpler.

PPS: MC still doesn't return to the YouTube main page after a video is played, which is annoying. It has been doing that forever, when you select the "Play the file inside the player" option to play through the MC engine. That's why I said it sort of works in Standard View.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 07:39:53 pm »

Thanks for the report.  I have reproduced.  It's only the release build and not the debugger so we'll need to riddle a while.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 07:42:34 pm »

Ok thanks Matt.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 07:48:54 pm »

While you are looking at it again Matt, it would be great if the sign-in and other issues of not returning to the menu YouTube page and so on could be solved.

I know, not an easy task. But without reproducing something like the normal YouTube experience produced with a signed-in user, playing through MC is a limited experience.

I am using YouTube a lot during the Coronavirus lockdown. It is okay using Chrome, but it could be better!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up