INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Not Synced with Video in JRiver 26  (Read 642 times)

majicire

• Recent member
Audio Not Synced with Video in JRiver 26
« on: April 06, 2020, 09:20:55 am »

Hey team, hoping you can help me with an issue I've been having.

When I play back some 4k blu-rays in JRiver Media Center 26 (typically .mkv format), the audio is a few seconds behind the video.  The weird thing is that if I play the exact same file in VLC media player, the audio is perfectly synced with the video.  This leads me to believe that this is a software issue, not a hardware issue. 

I was reading through the posts on various errors and tried excluding JRiver folders from Windows Defender.  This did help the program open more quickly, but didn't fix the audio problem. 

Note that this problem only happens on some files, not all of them.  Most of my .mkv files play back just fine using JRiver, there's just a few movies that don't sync up correctly (but again, the file works fine in another media player, so I don't think the file is the problem). 

Any thoughts of suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help!

-Paul

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Not Synced with Video in JRiver 26
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:59:21 am »

What you using to play ? RO Standard or HQ? ... if it’s later, screenshot of MadVR OSD can be helpful to resolve the issue (Ctr+J while movie is playing)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

majicire

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 07:02:12 am »

What you using to play ? RO Standard or HQ? ... if it’s later, screenshot of MadVR OSD can be helpful to resolve the issue (Ctr+J while movie is playing)

tij, thanks so much for the tip.  I changed the setting in Options, Video, Red October (standard changed to high quality) and it seems to be working perfectly!  I forgot to change the setting back the last time I installed the program.  You're a life saver!!!  Problem solved!

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 07:12:30 am »

You can also change the audio delay relative to the video up or down during playback in miliseconds.  MC will remember the setting on subsequent playback as well.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Lip_Sync

-

i have had this issue on occasion with files that sometimes play perfectly and other times a sync issue occurs.   often just a simple rewind by 10s will correct it.  it has happened in emby, media center, plex, and other players i have used over the years.

many pre-processors, some TVs, and AVRs often also have the ability to adjust the audio delay relative to the video.  i would start with the source (Media Center) before messing around with the rest of the playback chain.

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up