INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB Tuning problems. (Again?) - Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD  (Read 1916 times)

szobidani

• Recent member
DVB Tuning problems. (Again?) - Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD
« on: April 07, 2020, 11:32:47 am »

Hi!

I still use MC24 (sadly...), and I buyed this tuner two week ago. So I don't know it works, or not before the latest Windows 10 updates. It works with its own software and NextPVR + Kodi combo (but I don't like it). In any other PVR software, I got "No Signal".
I found a solution, but it's a little bit labour-intensive. We need to modify the SymbolRate value in the tuning parameters xml. We need to add 0's to the value (for example: 6900 --> 6900000). After this, do a Scan and its find all the channels. But! In the Channel Manager we must do the same (Edit-->SymbolRate Value + 000) on every channel.
Unfortunately the OTA EPG isn't working after this.

Is there any way to MC do that by self?

I tried MC26 Trial, the result is the same. I try to contact with Hauppauge Tech support too.
ASRock J3455-ITX | 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | 80GB SSD + 1TB HDD + 4TB HDD | Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: DVB Tuning problems. (Again?) - Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 06:00:40 pm »

Symbol rate is supposed to be just 4 or 5 digits.  It used to work like that and I am not sure why it needs to be changed like that now.

Windows 10 updates in recent months broke our TV support in MC25 and earlier.  You have to use MC26.   From time to time TV channels change parameters, so some values, such as frequency and symbol rate, modulation type etc. may change.  We make updates in currently developing version only.  So if we need to update the symbol rate, we will do it for MC26.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

szobidani

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 06:38:42 am »

Hi!

No exact answer from Hauppauge, but I found a post on TVMosaic forum about this (its from 2019 sept.): "It's because this tuner's driver needs Symbol Rate provided in symbols/sec rather than default kilosymbols/sec (so it it needs 6900000 as the SR value, not 6900)."

I tried TSReader - MPEG-2 Transport Stream Analysis tool. It requires to enter symbol rate in kSymbols/s, but I must enter te value in Symbols/s otherwise it won't tune.

I try to run some more round with Hauppauge...

Upgrade to MC26. Yes, if the problem is solved of from one side.
ASRock J3455-ITX | 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | 80GB SSD + 1TB HDD + 4TB HDD | Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 08:42:00 am »

If you changed symbol rate in the XML file and then re-scanned channels, would the new symbol rate be saved in the newly scanned channels?  Scanning should either pickup the correct symbol rate from the system, or from the XML file itself.  Either way, after editing the XML file, I hope you will get the symbol rate updated in channels.

Editing the xml file should be easy.  You can make a global search and replace.  For example, for DVBS (I did not ask you whether your tuner is DVBS or DVBC) you can replace all instances of
" Modulation=
with
000" Modulation=

szobidani

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 10:10:08 am »

With clean TV Setup:

- If I not modify the xml file, the channel scan aint find anything.
- If I modify the xml, its find all channels. But can't watch it (No Signal). Under TV Options --> Manage Channels --> Select a channel --> Edit, the Symbol Rate is still 6000 or 6900, depends on channel.
- If I modify here the Symbol Rate, I can watch the channel (but OTA EPG not working).

I use DVBC.

Mod:

In MC26 too.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 05:58:29 pm »

Are you trying MC26 64 bit version or 32 bit version?  Does EPG scan work without changing the symbols rate?

szobidani

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 12:40:04 am »

Hi!

In MC26 64bit, OTA EPG is working if I modify the symbols rate in the channel manager. I don't know why isn't worked at first time, when I tried...
Sorry for misinforming!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 04:56:10 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 05:46:13 pm »

MC26.0.56 is available on MC26 board now.  It includes this change:

NEW: Per-tuner option "The tuner requires using Symbols per second, instead of KiloSymbols per second" for television tuners that require symbol rate.

szobidani

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 12:08:07 am »

Nice! BIG Thanx!  ;D

One more thing. The option not showing up in TV Setup procedure. Only under Manage Devices menu.

Now, I'm upgraded to MC26.

From Hauppauge, no new answer...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 01:43:55 pm »

One more thing. The option not showing up in TV Setup procedure. Only under Manage Devices menu.

Yes, it is a per-tuner option, because some tuners may still want to use Kilosymbols per second.

Thanks for upgrading.
Pages: [1]   Go Up