INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MakeMKV as a blueray decrypter  (Read 1130 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MakeMKV as a blueray decrypter
« on: April 09, 2020, 11:25:58 am »

I don't really use MC anymore, but the other day I was ripping a UHD disc with MakeMKV, and I noticed an option that allowed MakeMKV to decrypt Blue-ray discs for other applications, and MC 25 was listed (that is the version I still have).  I decided to test it, and it works!  This may be old news, but last time I looked into it, the only options I found were paid options, and MakeMKV is free.  You have to keep the code updated every month, but that is a super easy process.

If this is old news, I apologize, I did a basic search and didn't find anything.

rec head

Re: MakeMKV as a blueray decrypter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 11:30:07 am »

You can buy MakeMKV to support it. I bought it years ago and I'm glad I did. Supporting software that has been that useful is totally worth it.

https://www.makemkv.com/buy/

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 11:32:29 am »

Indeed, this has worked for quite a while now, but MakeMKV recently added a proper UI to setup the integration with other applications - before that you had to do it manually, which was quite a barrier of entry to use it.

I too bought a license long ago since I use it regularly and its only fair!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 11:56:59 am »

I have been meaning to purchase a license for a long time, so thanks for the reminder.  I went ahead and paid the $50.  I don't use it a ton, but I like to support software that is fairly priced, and useful!

MrEWhite

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 01:10:03 pm »

Looks like I don't need AnyDVD anymore!

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 04:13:16 pm »

for ripping uhd disks you still need a compatible drive.
They have special firmwares in the forum if your drive is supported

wer

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 04:35:06 pm »

Yes, the newly added integration works great.

Hendrik, is there any way to identify the MPLS playlist MC is playing when it is selected from the BD menus? (I mean Not in title playback, where it obviously displays a list)

You'd talked about adding a BD playback status display that would eliminate confusion on this, but I can't find it.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 04:58:18 pm »

for ripping uhd disks you still need a compatible drive.
They have special firmwares in the forum if your drive is supported
yes, with a compatible firmware.  I had to downgrade the firmware on my drive.  I hadn't used a hex editor in a LONG time!

Even with that though, I am still having issues with Star Wars episode 8.  All other discs I have tried work fine (including episode 9), just not that one.  I have tried 2 copies now.  Grrr.

MrEWhite

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 06:07:57 pm »

yes, with a compatible firmware.  I had to downgrade the firmware on my drive.  I hadn't used a hex editor in a LONG time!

Even with that though, I am still having issues with Star Wars episode 8.  All other discs I have tried work fine (including episode 9), just not that one.  I have tried 2 copies now.  Grrr.
I read on their forum that that disc in particular is troublesome (that or Ep 9).

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 12:04:09 am »

Oh.... thank you! This is amazing news. I've owned my copy for ages, and I wished for this functionality (or an easy version of it) for a long time too. Ripping in MC is easier because you can decide how the file will be named and get the metadata more easily before ripping. I know a LOT of people who are going to be delighted with this. A pity that I shelled out for a 5-pack license for DVDFab PassKey recently.

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 03:54:17 am »

if i remember correctly they have a modded flasher.

bryant berry

• World Citizen
  • im a good listener,even if i dont look it.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 04:11:32 pm »

any link with help...got 1 trk tubulor bell with audio...the rest 5 files just video ..dvd...if purchace will get more info...stay well all...
Pages: [1]   Go Up