INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export sorted list of films  (Read 717 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Export sorted list of films
« on: April 11, 2020, 09:57:31 am »

Can anyone explain if and how I can export a sorted list of films?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Export sorted list of films
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 09:01:21 pm »

Create a View of all the media files you want to include, with all the columns of data you want to include.

Select all.
Copy.
Go to your favourite external application. Excel works well. Paste.

Done.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 11:45:19 am »

I don't think I knew that this worked with the Mac version of MC.  Just tested it using Google Sheets as the receiver.  Worked like a champ.  Neat!

Brian.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 02:29:44 pm »

Sometimes the simplest answers are the easiest ... and I was searching for an option to do this within the program!

wer

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 02:49:01 pm »

You can also export your view, or a playlist, as a .CSV file.  (File->Export Playlist)

This can be helpful because when you import the CSV into Excel, you can actually define the data type for each column.  Sometimes Excel doesn't make the best automatic decisions with cut and paste.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 05:36:54 pm »

Excellent point Will. I always just fix the spreadsheet formatting after pasting. It could be more accurate during the CSV open process. Although when I opened the CSV file in Excel 2010 just now, it didn't go through the data mapping process. Hmmm. Usually, it does.

Anyway, I didn't know you could use "File->Export Playlist" against a View, but that does work. However it doesn't respect the columns shown in the View, and just exports all Library fields for each selected file, in some predetermined sequence.

The Copy-Paste process only carries across the fields in the View and maintains the sequence.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 05:43:31 pm »

Anyway, I didn't know you could use "File->Export Playlist" against a View, but that does work. However it doesn't respect the columns shown in the View, and just exports all Library fields for each selected file, in some predetermined sequence.

Actually it does Rod.  ;D  You just have to select Text file (CSV delimited) and then also check "Only Visible Fields" under included fields.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 08:16:58 pm »

Ah yes. I missed that. The option is greyed out for m3u playlists and I didn't update the selection.

Cool.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up