INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic FM Radio - High CPU Usage (Streaming web site); Low CPU (ClassiFM.m3u)  (Read 376 times)

kevinpwhite

• Recent member

Hello,

I'd appreciate some community wisdom here please.....  as indicated in the title, I've been playing Classic FM for a long time using the direct link ClassicFM.m3u with no issues in various editions of MC up to and including MC26. CPU usage in this case is typically around 15-18%.

But recently I finally figured how to get the full web page under the Streaming option to work correctly with Classic FM (one of various stations on Global Player) by switching to the Chromium engine within MC. It works.....  but I have now identified that this option appears to be correlating with very high CPU usage (>50% - and frequently >80% ). Some threads on the Forum refer to high CPU issues associated with various anti-malware programmes, so I have tried both disabling and uninstalling (Malwarebytes) with no effect.

I'd be very please to hear if anyone is able to offer any thoughts on resolving this please !

Many thanks,
Best regards,

Kevin

Intel Core i7-3540M CPU @ 3.00 GHz; 16GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 20H2
JRiver MC28 - Creative X7 - Audioengine 5.1 active speakers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

On Win10, you must configure Windows Defender.
Pages: [1]   Go Up