INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newer music players  (Read 513 times)

bg

• Junior Woodchuck
Newer music players
« on: April 13, 2020, 01:39:52 pm »

Newer music players only make me like JRiver more.

Only play music library off hard drive with JRiver music player. No need for video or any other bells & whistles not music player specific. 25.0.50 suits me. Understand some want player software to handle many devices. Just not my cuppa.

Been with JRiver for quite some time. My user name says recent member, but that's not the case. Perhaps I've had other user name in past. Been with JRiver many years. Have tweaked 25.0.50 as far as I can. There are glitches, but they don't prevent playback. Would upgrade for: JRiver version that is music player only, optimized for best sound possible, with best interface choices available. Tried some competitors music players, and used some streaming services in introductory period window. Nah. Not for me. Only exception Android w/Bandcamp app. Good for on-the-go or when to lazy to boot-up JRiver.

Wish some annoying issues w/ 25.0.50 were fixed, but why should JRiver bother resolving issues on older versions of software? I'm getting my money worth from existing version.

These are tough times for many businesses. Many out of work, working from home struggling to pay bills, etc. Maybe in future will donate $10-$15 in lieu of upgrading my software. JRiver administrators: Where on JRiver website is option for donations?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Newer music players
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 02:11:23 pm »

Thanks for the offer, but we're fine.  And thanks for the kind words.

25.0.115 is the most recent build of MC25.  You could just install it.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Old_Versions

You can set Music only in the options.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Simplified_Interface

Complexity doesn't affect music quality.

Pages: [1]   Go Up