INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable hover activation for menus?  (Read 410 times)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Disable hover activation for menus?
« on: April 15, 2020, 03:00:38 am »

Is there any way to disable the hover activation for the drop down menus at the tops of views and file lists, or any way to make it click activated?

I really hate that hover activation.  It's not CUA compliant, it gets in the way, and I just find it really annoying every time I use MC with a trackpad especially.  The main menu bar isn't hover activated, thank goodness.  This UI quirk has been tormenting me for years.  Eternal gratitude to the kind soul that tells me how to change this!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disable hover activation for menus?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 03:25:09 am »

To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no way to change that menu behaviour.

It can be a bit disconcerting. I often hover and wait for for the drop-down, it doesn't happen quick enough so I click... just as the menu shows, so the click closes the menu. Then I have to click again or move the mouse away and back. For me, this behaviour often multiplies the time taken to access the menu by three, rather than being a fast access method.

But I am ambivalent to the need for change. It is a minor annoyance only. Usually.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up