INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom View? Need some guidance!  (Read 1160 times)

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
Custom View? Need some guidance!
« on: April 16, 2020, 06:09:41 am »

Hello

I want to filter out movies that I didn't watch yet, but not just that I didn't click on yet, but let's say I watched for less than 15 min --> I will consider to watch

Then, I want to see the list of movies, I did watch -- let's say for more than 15 min, but I didn't finish -- let's say I didn't watch more than 80% -- probably I didn't like --> I will remove from my collection

And finally - movies that I did watch and I liked -- which I finished watching for over 80% --> I may keep

Thanks,

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Custom View? Need some guidance!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 01:44:00 am »

So, thanks for answering  ?

I believe what I need to create is a new Smartlist

However, there aren't many stats there

I have:

Number Plays
Skip Count
Last Played
Last Skipped

Playback Range & Playback Info are for somewhat reason always empty

Also I think if I put a movie on 'pause'.. or even a longer pause -- when I go to the restroom sorry and then jriver automatically stops it -- it will count this as a 'Skip Count' -- which is a bug.

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 01:52:11 am »

Hi again :)

maybe I can use a 'Bookmark' to figure out to which extent I watched the movie, but in which units is that? Frames?

Also, some stats are wrong.. I know I watched certain movies till the end, I remember how they end, but 'Number Plays' is empty and 'Last Played' is never played

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 02:19:10 am »

Thank you

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 02:22:47 am »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Formatting_Functions#Watched

I just use the expression below in the "Set rules for file display" section of a copy of the standard Shows View.
[=watched(1)]=<2

You can apply the same sort of concept to Movies.

A search of the forum and Wiki for "watched" will find lots of information, including the percentage watched to trigger the different outputs.

Also, https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Miscellaneous_Functions#TVInfo. Specifically TVInfo(WatchedDisplay).

Some background reading, much of which is out of date, https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,85974.0.html. But the last post, https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,85974.msg843129.html#msg843129, has some of the percentage watched trigger information.

MC automatically stops playback after a video has been on pause for 10 minutes. You are correct, that process shouldn't count as a Skip.

EDIT: Beaten by minutes by Lepa.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 02:33:00 am »

Thanks

But why % Complete MC evaluates as string?

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 02:42:00 am »

Because that's a string, I can't build a smartlist

I see here request from 2015
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97230.0

But I still can't set a data type (?)

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 03:07:39 am »

I also modified "% Complete'

If(Compare([Number Plays],<,1),
PadNumber(Math(round(([Bookmark] / ([Duration, 0] * 1000)) * 100)),2), 100)

When the bookmark is empty, it showed 0 % even when the movie played to the end

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 03:22:20 am »

MC automatically stops playback after a video has been on pause for 10 minutes. You are correct, that process shouldn't count as a Skip.
Agreed. Stopping can be disabled completely from the options also if I remember correctly
E: Yes Tools->Options->Video->Advenced->Stop after a long pause

MikeO

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 06:03:44 am »

All sounds a bit complicated

I added a Custom Tag “Watched” and a view with a rule Watched = 1

Really sophisticated 👿

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 05:52:40 am »

All sounds a bit complicated

I added a Custom Tag “Watched” and a view with a rule Watched = 1

Really sophisticated 👿

It is not black and white - - if I watched more than 90%, then I probably finished it.

Less than 10% - insufficient to decide, likely need to try once more

Somewhere in between - I probably dropped off in the middle of movie - - > DELETE

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 07:02:33 pm »

if I watched more than 90%, then I probably finished it.

Less than 10% - insufficient to decide, likely need to try once more

Somewhere in between - I probably dropped off in the middle of movie - - > DELETE

Except for the delete reaction, that is pretty much what the Watched() function does. I'm almost positive that it uses 10% and 90% completion as you do. The somewhere in between would mean go back and finish watching for most people. Perhaps if you don't like a movie, watch it for more than 10% and decide not to finish it, then set the [Rating] field to one star and exclude those movies from the View, and then delete them later.

EDIT: Yes, you can tag files in Theatre View, though setting the [Rating] field isn't pretty. There is also an [Access Rating] field that you could use. I'm not sure what that field is actually intended for. It could have been used for "Access Control" which has been replaced by "Users" functionality, so could be available to use... or not.

MC isn't going to delete files for you based on an Expression, but a View or Smartlist could be used to show movies that should be deleted, after you have partially watched and rated them.

This is the latest change log that modified the watched() function. The thread is interesting, but most of the discussion happened after the change was implemented.

18.0.126 (1/30/2013)
3. Changed: Tuned how the Watched(...) expression and watch marks in Theater View work ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77602 ).

Although there was this minor tweak.
23.0.29 (8/1/2017)
6. Changed: The expression Watched() will show something like "10 of 12 watched" for groups of files.

There were a couple of TV specific tweaks as well, that shouldn't affect you. I'll let you search for those.

Read all the threads people have posted, and you will learn how the issue can be and has been addressed. Then you will be able to implement a solution the way you want.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up