INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extend Player Bar when playing movies in Full Screen  (Read 1427 times)

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
Extend Player Bar when playing movies in Full Screen
« on: April 19, 2020, 10:12:51 pm »

When MC is in Standard View mode, the Player Bar run pretty much the entire screen.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Standard_View

When I'm playing a movie in full screen mode, the Player Bar gets shrunk as per the attached pic.

Is there any way to get the Player Bar to take up the whole screen when playing a movie in full screen mode?

I'd like to get better granularity when using the slider.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and take care,

Rob

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Extend Player Bar when playing movies in Full Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 11:00:54 pm »

It used to be full width in display view too many versions ago, if I recall correctly. I am not sure when it was reduced in size if I am right, but I think keeping it like it is in standard view is more consistent.

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:23:16 am »

It used to be full width in display view too many versions ago, if I recall correctly. I am not sure when it was reduced in size if I am right, but I think keeping it like it is in standard view is more consistent.

Consistency would be another benefit.

My biggest issue is that slider. It can be brutal trying to get it where you want it to be, when watching extended versions of movies that are 3 hrs long, like Troy. Not a lot of granularity at that point.

The whole family gets annoyed and I get the dirty looks, since I was the one that upgraded the whole system to MC.

It's kinda funny seeing them get annoyed, but when it happens to me... It's not funny anymore. Until it happens to them again... LMAO

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 12:27:03 am »

I'm half asleep, so I didn't fully digest your reply.

So, reading between the lines, it's Not possible to extend it in the current release?

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 12:35:03 am »

You using mouse to control playback or keyboard or remote?
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 12:45:58 am »

You using mouse to control playback or keyboard or remote?
I'm using the touchpad on my Keyboard/Touchpad combo to drag the slider across.

There is no dedicated mouse or remote in my HTPCs.

Take care,

Rob

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 01:00:31 am »

That looks like Display View maximised (Fullscreen mode), but it is customised because it is showing the "Close Display" button and the "File View Player" menu items like a non-maximised "Display View" (Windowed mode).

What Theatre View skin are you using, and have you customised it?

Theoretically, you could customise the Theatre View skin to make the "Player Bar" full width. However, I think that requires HTML and CSS skills. Well, I think it would be the Theatre View skin that would need to be modified. Maybe not, given that you are showing Display View.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 01:13:42 am »

Compare Fullscreen mode to Windowed Mode.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Display_View
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 01:18:02 am »

I don’t use mouse/touchpad to navigate

All my navigation are done using keyboard (programmed to remote control buttons)

I mostly use right/left arrow to go where I want to (with default settings ... 10s backward and 30s forward)

I hold right/left arrows down to skip faster ... it’s fast enough for my needs ... then just tap right/left discretely for more granular navigation. It serves me well.

Also ... if video contains chapters ... can scroll using up/down until see chapter ... then use left/right to jump to chapters
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 01:55:41 am »

That looks like Display View maximised (Fullscreen mode), but it is customised because it is showing the "Close Display" button and the "File View Player" menu items like a non-maximised "Display View" (Windowed mode).

What Theatre View skin are you using, and have you customised it?

Theoretically, you could customise the Theatre View skin to make the "Player Bar" full width. However, I think that requires HTML and CSS skills. Well, I think it would be the Theatre View skin that would need to be modified. Maybe not, given that you are showing Display View.

I am using "Carbon" as my skin. i have not modified it.

I switched it real quick to "Noire" and the File View Player and Close Display all went away.

Thank you,

Rob

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 02:00:31 am »

Compare Fullscreen mode to Windowed Mode.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Display_View

If I switch my skin to "Noire" the bar pretty much like the link you provided.

Thank you,

Rob

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 02:06:03 am »

I don’t use mouse/touchpad to navigate

All my navigation are done using keyboard (programmed to remote control buttons)

I mostly use right/left arrow to go where I want to (with default settings ... 10s backward and 30s forward)

I hold right/left arrows down to skip faster ... it’s fast enough for my needs ... then just tap right/left discretely for more granular navigation. It serves me well.

Also ... if video contains chapters ... can scroll using up/down until see chapter ... then use left/right to jump to chapters

LOL, I've never used the arrows to jump around. They are programmed to do so, I've just never done it. Neither has anyone in my fam either. We all instinctively go the slider to move around the movie. I really don't want to try and train them to change that now.

It's like trying to show an old dog a new trick. Sometimes you gotta give up and leave the status quo be...

Thank you for the info. I'll try to remember it the next time "I" run into a granularity issue.

Take care,

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 07:20:55 am »

You might try using the arrow keys and OK key.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 09:27:22 am »

My advice is to get remote with fewest buttons as possible ... try keyboard navigation in TheatreView ... see what keys you need ... then get remote with minimal keys that covers what you want

In my experience to navigate Theatre View and control playback ... up/down/right/left/OK/back is sufficient (home button can be useful too) ... this is basic keys  AppleTV has too and it’s enough imho

PS. another way is to use JRemote on iPad/iPhone ... you set Zone in JRemote to be your HTPC ... then can control playback using JRemote that includes slider which is quite precise ... but IMHO opinion - nothing beats left/right ... it’s fast yet granular enough

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 09:30:52 am »

You might try using the arrow keys and OK key.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

As @tij recommended yesterday, I changed the forward arrow to 10s jump (it was defaulted to 30s) and gave it a try on my physical keyboard.

Still pretty annoying, but it works.

bklynboy70b

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 09:54:28 am »

My advice is to get remote with fewest buttons as possible ... try keyboard navigation in TheatreView ... see what keys you need ... then get remote with minimal keys that covers what you want

In my experience to navigate Theatre View and control playback ... up/down/right/left/OK/back is sufficient (home button can be useful too) ... this is basic keys  AppleTV has too and it’s enough imho

PS. another way is to use JRemote on iPad/iPhone ... you set Zone in JRemote to be your HTPC ... then can control playback using JRemote that includes slider which is quite precise ... but IMHO opinion - nothing beats left/right ... it’s fast yet granular enough

I changed the setting in MC to 10 second jumps as you recommended. Gave it a try last night and it does give me the granularity I'm looking for.

The slider would have been a more robust change IMHO. It's instinctual to move the mouse to the slider and drag it back and forth.

Thank you and take care,

Rob

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 12:20:40 pm »

Page Up/Down navigates chapters … can be useful too
Pages: [1]   Go Up