INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I have songs auto-add to library?  (Read 1201 times)

wysocki

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
How can I have songs auto-add to library?
« on: August 19, 2003, 09:16:24 am »

When I download/copy/rip songs to my music folder on my pc, I'd like to have them appear in MJ somewhere without having to rebuild or reload any libraries. I just want to be able to click on them to play them or maybe add to a playlist if I desire. Same thing if I move or delete a song from a folder (via Windows Explorer), I'd like it to disappear from MJ's lists. Is there any way to have this happen without performing library maintenance commands?

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: How can I have songs auto-add to library?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 05:44:44 am »

only way to  make it  disapear from the mjb ML that i know of is to delete it from the media lib.  and reimport it. to  put it  in the m lib. in a new folder list.  but then you need to put it in all the playlists again.

if you rip with mjb you can change the name of the tracks and add in the artist on the playlists before you rip the cdrom  and it will  load    the file in to the playlists of recently imported  and add it in to the mjb ML.   then you just  need to put it in the playlists you want.

if you rip to a uncompressed wav and you use another program to convert to mp3 or ogg or some other format then you will need to delete the wav's from the mjb ML.  or you will have them listed and they wont be there.  

and  when you get them  converted you just import them again.  ;D
roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up