INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop: Fadeout (normal) with DLNA network  (Read 703 times)

LP Audiophile

• Recent member
Stop: Fadeout (normal) with DLNA network
« on: April 21, 2020, 08:05:03 pm »

Can MC 26 be set up to fadeout (normal) when a track is stopped when streaming to a DLNA renderer?

In other words, when streaming from MC to a DLNA renderer can a stop: fadeout be set to normal, instead of what seems to be the default which I would describe as stop: fadeout (immediate)?

Thank you!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stop: Fadeout (normal) with DLNA network
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:49:00 pm »

As I think you understand, when playing to a DLNA Streamer, which is a Renderer in DLNA terminology, I believe that the Controller actually sends the list of files to play to the Renderer, and it is the Renderer that requests the files from the DLNA Server, which should be the MC Server running a DLNA Server. Hence, it is the Renderer that is in control of the transitions.

I don't know whether there is any DLNA commands that would tell the Renderer how to handle transitions. Maybe there is something in the DLNA Extra functionality, if supported, although I think that just covers Artwork. Certainly, all the Track Change functionality in MC only acts on local playback, whether on a Server, a Client, or a standalone installation.

Try changing settings in your Streamer.

PS: When you say "what track to pull from a NAS" I hope you mean "what track to tell MC to pull from a NAS", and that you aren't using the DLNA Server on the NAS itself. Because that is less than ideal, in most situations.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

LP Audiophile

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:27:28 pm »

Sorry for my confusing use of the terminology.

Yes, I am not using the DLNA server on the NAS; I have turned off all that functionality.

So I have an SOTM SMS 200 Ultra network bridge (which I call a streamer but that is probably wrong). The only settings I see there are buffers, although I admit documentation is pretty weak.

Just in case this means anything to you, the setting choices on the SOTM unit are "audio buffer size" (default is 4 Mb), "buffer time" (default is 0.1 sec), "buffer before play" (default is 0%) and "period time" (default is 4 msec). Does any of that sound promising? I have played around with these settings, but nothing seems to make much difference that I can tell. But I don't really know what they mean, other than the buffer size.

Anyway, I appreciate the help!

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 10:06:39 pm »

Does any of that sound promising?

Nope. Not for fadeout anyway. If you had stuttering or similar problems, then those buffer settings would be of some use.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

LP Audiophile

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 07:34:06 am »

I thought that might be the response.

Thanks again for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up