INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to assign today's date to a custom tag/field when importing?  (Read 564 times)

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,
Is there a way to set during import a custom field to today's date?
I can't find a function that returns today's date.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: how to assign today's date to a custom tag/field when importing?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:23:30 pm »

Hello,

Yes, there is.  You said you couldn't find the function.  Where did you look?  Did you look?

The function you want is:
formatdate(now(), date)

You can find more information on the JRiver's Expression Language and Functions on the Wiki:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Date_and_Time_Functions#Now
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language

If you google "jriver today's date" what you want is literally the first result that comes up.  It's also the first thing that comes up if you google "jriver date" or "jriver time".  Just saying...

You'll save yourself and everyone else some time in the future if you try google first.  :)

If you also wonder how do you use it to tag the file during import, then a google search for "jriver tag on import" would direct you right here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tag_on_Import

Good luck...

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:32:04 pm »

Perfect. thanks.

I had looked at the list of functions in the tag on import window/menu and didn't see what I was looking for.
Thought I would explain my question to the community forum of the software I pay a license for.

I hope I answer your investigation on me and it makes you feel better.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 11:32:37 pm »

You think asking where or if you looked is an investigation?  That's too bad.  You paid for a license, but most of the people here answering your questions, like me, aren't paid.  I'm just another user like you.  People here will try and help and answer questions out of the goodness of their hearts, but like you, they have other things to do too.  It's not their job or obligation to be here to help you.  I also sometimes have questions I need answers to, and I try to be respectful of other people's time by researching the issue myself first before asking for help.  I don't think that's anything special about me, that's something every adult should be expected to do.  Some forums have rules about the types of questions you can ask, or about how you have to read a long FAQ before you post a question, things like that.  But not here.  The community here tries to help everyone, but it helps the community if people also try to help themselves. 

I could have just ignored your question, but instead I chose to try and help you.  My intention was two-fold: first, to assist you with this specific issue, and second to better prepare you to be able to find some easy answers for yourself in the future.  Because that would both help you, and help the community.  Luckily, because the word "JRiver" is unique, it makes it very easy to find solutions specific to this software using google.  Good luck to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up