INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 26.0.69 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 7244 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 26.0.69 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: April 24, 2020, 03:04:41 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 26.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260069.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260069-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

26.0.69 (4/24/2020)

1. Changed: Reverted a previous change that blocked Standard View EPG from updating program list while guide was being loaded in the background.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.37 (fixes decoding of v3.93 to 3.95 files).

26.0.68 (4/24/2020)

1. Fixed: When scanning for Tuner Stream type of TV channels without EGP loading, the "Next>" button on the scan wizard was not enabled at the end of scan.
2. NEW: Made HDCD decoding use 24-bits as the "Automatic" bitdepth instead of 16.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.36 which brings legacy support back.

26.0.67 (4/22/2020)

1. Changed: The "More Play Options" Theater View roller item will now contain "Play All" when selecting a single file.
2. NEW: Made mouse wheel volume over the player optional.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.35.
4. NEW: Added a Stop After X choice that asks for the number of tracks to stop after.
5. Changed: Removed the legacy mapped data for visualizations because none we could find are using it (please report any issues).

26.0.66 (4/21/2020)

1. Fixed: Fixed a crash reported from when we checked a file to see if it was a Radio Paradise file.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.34 (makes JRiver changes from the previous build part of Monkey's Audio).

26.0.65 (4/20/2020)

1. Changed: A message is shown when APE files that are too old are encountered with the URL of the conversion tool.

26.0.64 (4/20/2020)

1. Fixed: ListShuffle(...) didn't trim the whitespace when building a list so the new list could sometimes have spaces around the semi-colon.
2. Changed: More work on radio stations that don't play.
3. Changed: Added whitespace trimming to all the list expression functions.

26.0.63 (4/18/2020)

1. Fixed: Wasn't looking at the new name of the ListMix(...) function so escapement wasn't working.

26.0.62 (4/18/2020)

1. Changed: Renamed the Transform(...) function to ListMix(...).

26.0.61 (4/18/2020)

1. NEW: DVB TV Subtitling display will automatically shift upward when an OSD is on screen, to avoid overlaps.
2. NEW: Recorded TV shows will have CC / Subtitles shifted up for OSD too (on Windows only).
3. Fixed: The variables L1, L2, etc. in Transform(...) wouldn't necessarily be replaced up to the number of lists.

26.0.60 (4/17/2020)

1. Changed: Some more work on the Tranform(...) function to make it better find the right comma (if there  are functions) and unescape commas with slashes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.69 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 11:06:41 am »

When using DLNA streaming to a Sony SMP N-200 and if my router goes down, MC 26.0.69 (64 bit) crashes.  Since my internet has been a little flaky lately, I have gotten to test this repeatedly and if MC doesn't crash when the router goes down, it crashes as soon as I try to repopulate the DLNA device's "playing now" list. 

System info:
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version   10.0.18362 Build 18362
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer   HP
System Model   HP Z2 Mini G3 Workstation
System Type   x64-based PC

Edit: this has happened several more times to me which has been easy to test because I am having problems with my ISP.  Is this a known problem or do you need a log?   

wer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 01:25:21 pm »

The LOAD button in DSP Studio for loading presets is still broken.  (Reported 4/12)

Numbers in fields of type Decimal are still not represented accurately.  (Reported 4/14)

Opening standard URLs with File->Open URL doesn't work.  Try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-kCW4Quw4

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 01:44:11 pm »

The LOAD button in DSP Studio for loading presets is still broken.  (Reported 4/12)

Numbers in fields of type Decimal are still not represented accurately.  (Reported 4/14)

I can't reproduce either of these.

Numbers show two decimal places of precision (but store more).

wer

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:54:36 pm »

Re the decimal:

To test, I created a column called testdec, of type decimal
I entered 23.976 as the value.

See attached screenshots.

wer

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 01:57:51 pm »

Re the DSP load/save button, Lepa was able to confirm this.  See here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124875.msg864746.html#msg864746

Perhaps try a different machine?  Yours might be specially blessed!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 02:00:50 pm »

Re the decimal:

To test, I created a column called testdec, of type decimal
I entered 23.976 as the value.

See attached screenshots.

I'm confused how yours is showing so many digits of precision.

If the field type is FIELD_DATA_TYPE_DECIMAL, it should show two decimal places (and is for me).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 02:02:27 pm »

Note that showing a decimal in an expression field might do what you're seeing.  Doing something like this [Test, 0] removes the decimal formatting.  But that's not the normal way to show fields.

wer

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 02:10:57 pm »

The field you were looking at in my screenshot was not an Expression field  (expression=[testdec]).

I added the column as a regular library field, by selecting the testdec field from the rightclick menu.

It also writes the inaccurate number to sidecar files.

wer

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 02:15:41 pm »

I'm confused how yours is showing so many digits of precision.

If the field type is FIELD_DATA_TYPE_DECIMAL, it should show two decimal places (and is for me).

As to this, I can only offer one thing... When I was testing just now, after doing those screenies for you, I created several different type decimal fields, with several different names.  4 or 5 of them.  ONE of them behaved as you described: I entered 23.976 and it rounded it to 23.98.  I tried deleting and recreating the field with the same name, and afterwards it only displayed the bad behavior.   I find it unlikely the name has anything to do with it, but it's possible there's something intermittent going on.  I have no explanation for that.

wer

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 02:17:06 pm »

Re DSP Studio Load, just to be clear I'm talking about this button:  (saving works, loading does not)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 02:45:28 pm »

wer, would you be willing to send me a library backup showing the field displaying too many decimals?  Maybe it would show something.

I'm matt at jriver.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 02:54:06 pm »

Opening standard URLs with File->Open URL doesn't work.  Try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-kCW4Quw4

Switching to use our web media engine would make that URL work.  Otherwise we just navigate to the page which is HTML and not playable.

So change from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-kCW4Quw4

To:
webmedia://youtube/Np-kCW4Quw4

wer

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 03:21:48 pm »

So change from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-kCW4Quw4

To:
webmedia://youtube/Np-kCW4Quw4

Ok, but we thought that functionality was supposed to handle standard URLs. It even has a feature that it will automatically populate with a URL from the clipboard.  No other app will put a webmedia: URL on the clipboard, because that is your private scheme.  Any browser will deposit http: or https:

There was even a notation in the release notes related to this:
3. Changed: When loading URLs from the "Open URL" dialog, they are run through the web media engine so things like YouTube URLs will be handled nicely.

Is it handled nicely now?

It sounds like you're saying File-Open URL doesn't actually accept standard URLs anymore.  It used to; this worked in previous versions of MC.  Now, anything in that box without a manually typed webmedia:// in front of it just fails.

If MC now won't process anything except webmedia: internally, maybe that dialog box should just rewrite everything as webmedia:

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 03:23:27 pm »

It sounds like you're saying File-Open URL doesn't actually accept standard URLs anymore.

It works with standard URLs that actually point to a video or audio stream, and not a plain website. Thats how it was always meant to work. There is too many headaches trying to handle arbitrary URLs and guessing if there is video somewhere in their website.

Your YouTube URL points to a website, not a video.
YouTube handling was changed quite a bit in recent versions, so not everything from history applies anymore, but instead you can actually play YouTube videos far more reliably and in higher quality now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 03:26:46 pm »

It works with standard URLs that actually point to a video or audio stream, and not a plain website. Thats how it was always meant to work. There is too many headaches trying to handle arbitrary URLs and guessing if there is video somewhere in their website.

Your YouTube URL points to a website, not a video.

Ok.  Doing a file open on that youtube URL used to work in previous versions of MC. I have an old version still installed here where it still works.  I guess that functionality has been removed.  Thanks for clarifying.

wer

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 03:33:58 pm »

Matt, re the decimal issue, I've sent the library, along with a sidecar file showing the wonky value.

I'm not sure the library will tell you anything, as I've discovered something.

The on-screen display issue only exists for newly created decimal fields, until MC is restarted.  Once MC is restarted, already extant decimal fields display rounded to two decimal places as you said.

So to reproduce:
1. Create testdec field as type decimal
2. Show the testdec library field as a column.
3. Enter 23.976 as a value against a file.
4. It will display as 23.9759998321533204
5. Close and restart MC.
6. The same file will now show 23.98
7. Enter 23.98 against a second file.
8. It will show as 23.98
9. Values written to sidecar files at this point will still be 23.9759998321533204
10. Create a new decimal field, and enter a value
11. The new decimal field will show the wonky value.
12. After an MC restart, the new decimal field will show the rounded to 2 digits value.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 04:41:23 pm »

Matt, re the decimal issue, I've sent the library, along with a sidecar file showing the wonky value.

There was a similar problem with some Image tags for a while, where a number entered for example as 8.9 was shown with many more decimal places. Although in that case the numbers were coming from a camera, which could have been giving more decimal places, which were normally hidden. That was fixed in MC25.0.100 with specific rounding added for the tags.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122096.msg844806.html#msg844806
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 04:48:54 pm »

Floating point numbers are inherently imprecise, thats just how computers store them. For display, it should round, no question, and thats a bug we'll look into.
But for storing in a Sidecar? We don't know what digits were once entered, we only know the floating point number that is stored in the database. So I don't think we should arbitrarily round all decimal fields when storing them in Sidecars, since you risk actually losing data. This is the exact same data that the MC database holds, afterall.

The example above is already demonstrating that. If you enter 23.976, and we were to round that to 23.98, then you already lost precision. It already bugs me that its rounded on display, since its not accurate. :D
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 05:11:44 pm »

Floating point numbers are inherently imprecise, thats just how computers store them.

Well, both of us having spent many years as professional programmers, we both know that there are a variety of methods available for representing floating point numbers with arbitrary precision, certainly more precision than needed to accurately represent a number with a finite significand like 23976. :)

If MC chooses not to use those methods to store user type decimal fields, that's a design decision, but its certainly not unavoidable.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 05:23:00 pm »

I never said its unavoidable. I just said thats how floating point is stored. You could of course store it in a different scheme that has other properties.

Either way, the storage format is perfectly fine. Much more complexity is really not warranted. There is supposed to be rounding on display, and that'll hopefully be fixed.
And of course MC is not going to change its database layout, as that would be really annoying for everyone.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 05:28:08 pm »

Understood and agreed.  But I think at least the displayed representation in the interface should be consistent, and as you've said you'll look at that.  I wonder, if due to framerates and such, if 3 digits of precision might not be better than 2, so that 23.976 is shown accurately.  I've seen people confused by that.  But perhaps that's a corner case and it's also too late to change.

Given the constraints, I agree that leaving the raw representation in the file is best; I just raised that because I wasn't sure if it was intended, due to the inconsistency in the UI representation.

Edit: I see you changed your post while I was typing; I didn't bother to quote but this is in reply to your original. No matter.

Thanks...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 05:43:57 pm »

I was going to say it would be nice to be able to set the number of decimals to display against the fields... but then I looked at the Image tags I was talking about, and they are all Strings. Doh!

Shutter Speed, Focal Length, Aperture. I guess they aren't converted to numbers on import, so the display has to be coded, since you can't define the number of decimal places to display for a String!  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 07:56:47 pm »

DSP Studio load isn't working for me either.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 09:55:32 pm »

The DSP Load isn't working properly for me either.

First, the DSP page needs a refresh by either closing it and opening it, or clicking on a different DSP item. Then even when the DSP Studio is refreshed, it isn't loading all DSP items. For example, Adaptive Volume, if turned on in the DSP Preset, doesn't get turned on when the Preset is reloaded.

EDIT: Wait a bit. I did some more testing and the Load started working correctly. I thought it depended on which DSP item I clicked to refresh the page, but that also now made no difference. In the first testing Adaptive Volume was consistently being turned off. Now it isn't. The only thing I did differently was clicked around in the MC interface before starting the second round of testing,

So we have an inconsistent issue, by the look of it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2020, 08:14:12 am »

I'm not sure the library will tell you anything, as I've discovered something.

The on-screen display issue only exists for newly created decimal fields, until MC is restarted.  Once MC is restarted, already extant decimal fields display rounded to two decimal places as you said.

Thanks for the details.  Hopefully all better next build.  Thanks again!

Dimon B

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 12:32:52 pm »

Version 26.0.69 of the window. Radio Paradise works with an old problem. The sound is interrupted when another track appears in the list. Returned on 26.0.56 works well.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 07:42:32 pm »

Version 26.0.69 of the window. Radio Paradise works with an old problem. The sound is interrupted when another track appears in the list. Returned on 26.0.56 works well.
I am seeing this issue with Radio Paradise too. Sound drops out just before the end of one track and the start of another.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

wer

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2020, 10:28:38 pm »

Hi Matt... 

The new OSD popup for chapter changes by remote is working, but it doesn't actually display the chapter name, as the regular OSD does. Chapter 3, Chapter 4, etc are not as helpful as the embedded chapter titles.  It's doubly confusing because it uses its own chapter numbers: the opening chapter is displayed as "Chapter:0" even if the file has a number embedded, like "1: Opening Credits"  so Chapter:1 != Chapter 1. So the info actually conflicts with what you see when changing chapters inside the OSD.

Could this be fixed?

Ideally it should just look like the regular OSD.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2020, 08:26:50 am »

Hi Matt... 

The new OSD popup for chapter changes by remote is working, but it doesn't actually display the chapter name, as the regular OSD does. Chapter 3, Chapter 4, etc are not as helpful as the embedded chapter titles.  It's doubly confusing because it uses its own chapter numbers: the opening chapter is displayed as "Chapter:0" even if the file has a number embedded, like "1: Opening Credits"  so Chapter:1 != Chapter 1. So the info actually conflicts with what you see when changing chapters inside the OSD.

Could this be fixed?

Ideally it should just look like the regular OSD.

Thanks!

Good point.  I'm changing it so it will show exactly the same thing as seeking chapters by picking them from the OSD.

Thanks for the good idea.

Peter M

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2020, 10:07:19 pm »

Apologies, but I seem to have missed it.  How does one access this new OSD popup chapter list ?

Cheers,
Peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2020, 10:16:22 pm »

Arrow keys and ok. Check the wiki.

Solderman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2020, 07:44:29 pm »

crash when switching library. Unlike prior crashes, which is usually right after load the library, this one waiting until playing a few songs. w/ log is too big to upload, so dump only. I will reset the log so the future one should be smaller. If you really want today's log, I will keep it for at least a few days, and upload some other way.

mount.A

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2020, 03:19:43 am »

Gapless playback is not possible with DLNA.
Plays repeatedly.

If 'Disable SetNext Support ' is set, repeated playback will be cured, but gapless playback will not be possible.

Up to 26.0.60, gapless playback was possible.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2020, 05:00:37 am »

Gapless playback is not possible with DLNA.
Plays repeatedly.

If 'Disable SetNext Support ' is set, repeated playback will be cured, but gapless playback will not be possible.

Up to 26.0.60, gapless playback was possible.

It's a known issue that was caused by the DLNA audio path changes. It should be fixed in 26.0.73 and higher.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up