INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The elusive Favorites List  (Read 450 times)

CaptainCrewe

• Recent member
The elusive Favorites List
« on: April 03, 2020, 01:13:50 pm »

Hello

Following up on a recent e-mail from JRiver, I've been playing with streaming in general and podcasts in particular.  To my mind, the interface is not very intuitive.

I started in Podcasts, Home.  That showed an embedded Google search page with some default feeds to add.  I searched for more.  Having got to the main page of a website offering podcasts, I clicked the button at the top entitled 'Add to Favorites List'.  In this case, I couldn't see a way to add the feed (though the page at https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Podcasts does offer some clues which have worked for other podcast sites).  Still, I thought I could just return to the Favorites List when I needed reminding.

I've searched high and low, far and wide but it can't be found.  Having added a couple of actual feeds, which now show in the Podcasts sub-tree, I looked around for the list of Favorites.  Per the top toolbar, View, Navigation, I have no favorites.  Back to Podcasts and a fresh search for the item of interest.  Quickly found and the button at the top now says 'Remove From Favorites List'.  So the URL is being stored somewhere, but it's not offered up via the interface.

Please could someone advise how this Favorites List is supposed to be used?

Many thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: The elusive Favorites List
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 10:40:03 am »

CaptainCrewe

• Recent member
Re: The elusive Favorites List
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 11:12:40 am »

Thanks.  I have read through the Podcasts wiki page and followed the various links there.  None that I can see refer to a Favorites List.  Apologies if I missed something.

As the poster of a similar question observed (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=116748.0), one can add things to the Favorites List, but then one can't get back to that list.

If there is a specific wiki page discussing this, I'd be most grateful for a link.

Best wishes
Pages: [1]   Go Up