INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: server-client and zonelinks(?)  (Read 616 times)

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
server-client and zonelinks(?)
« on: April 25, 2020, 12:04:58 pm »

My main audio system is a computer running jriver.  It runs into the house's main stereo system, which is pretty large.

I have different zones in the house run by the receiver that audio from the computer running jriver feeds into. I would like to explore running those extra zones with audio over IP and slave systems that are mirroring the audio coming from the main server.  Those clients would do nothing, ever, except (hopefully) be playing the exact same audio as the server - getting the audio over the network.

I tried setting this up with zonelinks - but the linked zones just do not sync the way I would like for them to. For instance, if i hit "pause" on the main server i would like the clients to all pause at the same time - but the clients continue to play music for 10 seconds or so, etc.  This makes this method an unacceptable solution.

Does anyone know of a better way to accomplish this? Open to any/all suggestions.

Thanks!

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: server-client and zonelinks(?)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 10:43:09 am »

FWIW - I found some software that really works quite well for broadcasting audio over IP.  I notice a tiny, tiny amount of latency, but really that is to be expected.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/vban.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up