INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anomaly (?) with Audio Analysis and Shared Library  (Read 387 times)

shapiro123

• Recent member
Anomaly (?) with Audio Analysis and Shared Library
« on: April 27, 2020, 08:22:41 pm »

I am running instances of JR 26 on two different computers. They share a library on a NAS. On the faster machine I have "analyzed audio" for every track (i.e., the smartlist "task - needs audio analysis" shows zero tracks (see attachment). On the other machine, the same smartlist shows tracks equal to about half of the library (see attachment).

My understanding is that "analyze audio" writes information to the tag, which is then used for volume leveling and other functions. If this is so, why doesn't the JR 26 instance on the slower computer "see" the tag information written when I ran "analyze audio" on the faster computer?

I hope this question makes sense, and thanks in advance for your help.

Seth

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Anomaly (?) with Audio Analysis and Shared Library
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:27:03 pm »

People often say things like "share a library on a NAS" when in fact they are not using the same library, they're just sharing the same media files and don't know the difference.

Two different libraries sharing the same media files would perfectly explain your symptoms. If that is the case and you write tags on one machine, you must do an Update Library from Tags on the other.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 09:42:49 am »

Have you considered Client/Server using Media Network?  That way you only maintain one library and the second system can truly share the main library, not just the media files.

shapiro123

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 10:24:15 am »

Fantastic explanations. I'm running Update Library from Tags right now.

I'm a little anxious about the Media Server option (not sure why). However, I may give it a go.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Seth
Pages: [1]   Go Up