INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback device for zones forgotten when HDMI is connected and disconnected  (Read 572 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I have set up a new Supermicro server for my cabin with three Sound Blaster RX PCI-e cards and the kXdrivers, giving me 9 zones from those. I don't know why, but I have a new problem that I haven't had in all my years with a similar setup (probably close to 20 years). It may be because this is the first server board I use without audio built-in. It's not that I use Windows Server 2019, because my previous server was running that as well.

If I set up all the zones with the correct devices with an HDMI (or Display Port) monitor connected to the GeForce card I use on it and then reboot with no power to the monitor, either all or 6 of the zones are forgotten, and they are set to "Default Audio Device (Direct Sound)". I assume this is because the sequence of cards is changed, taking in and out what is probably number one in the system (and what's always my default card when it's connected - I use the server as a HTPC for the bedroom as well). And that with a computer with built-in sound that will always be he number one card in the system. So is there any way around this, except for using a device like the Dr. HDMI from HD Fury, "impersonating" a monitor with sound capabilities?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up