INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add/Remove Album to Recent  (Read 584 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Add/Remove Album to Recent
« on: April 28, 2020, 08:58:37 pm »

Is there a way to remove albums from the recent album list/or add album to beginning of list?

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Add/Remove Album to Recent
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:23:56 pm »

Perhaps I'm not asking the question clearly.

Is there a way to change the order of the recent albums list?
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:27:47 pm »

Perhaps you're not waiting long enough for someone to answer. :)

The recent albums view sorts albums by [Date Imported].  If you reimport the album, it will move to the top of the list.

Better would be to create a new view that shows albums in the order that you want, which is evidently not [Date Imported].

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 09:35:39 pm »

Do you mean the default "Recent Albums" View under the Audio group?

It is just a View. You can modify it any way you like. In fact it is an extremely basic View that just shows all Albums sorted by [Date Imported]. Very basic. The sort isn't even built into the View definition, but is set via the dropdown menu on the tab.

I would advise copying the default View and creating your own version of it. Sort any way you like.

No, you can't remove Albums from the default View. It isn't a Playlist, it is a View, so it shows the data as it exists in the Library. If you want to add or remove Albums from a list, create a Playlist (not a Smartlist) based on the View, and modify that list to your heart's desire.

Oh darn, Wer beat me.  :'(
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 09:03:25 am »

Perhaps you're not waiting long enough for someone to answer. :)
Perhaps not, but after re-reading my comment I thought my question was confusing.  I have a habit of confusing people  ;)

Do you mean the default "Recent Albums" View under the Audio group?

Yes, that's the one. 

The thing is I really want to use recently imported 99% of the time.  Every once in a while I'll modify some tag in a bunch of albums, and that seems to reset the import date, which moves them to the top of the recent list. 

I'd simply like to push the recently modified albums back down in the list, and have albums that were truly recently imported remain at the top of the list.

I might be able to come up with some other date metric, create some new view for this, but it's really not worth it. 

Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 03:52:58 pm »

Every once in a while I'll modify some tag in a bunch of albums, and that seems to reset the import date, which moves them to the top of the recent list.

Ah, here we have the real problem. You should have shared this issue first rather than decide on a solution and ask how to implement it.

The above should not be happening unless you are actually importing the files again. There have been some reports around [Date Imported] being updated when it shouldn't be though, so there could be a problem where this date gets changed when some fields are changed. I do have a vague memory of reading something that would result in the incorrect updating of the date.

You are posting in the MC26 forum, so I assume you are using MC26, correct? What specific version?

Do some searching on Date Imported. You might find the solution. If you can't, described the workflow you use for updating field or tags in these files. Any other applications you use to do so. Which tag changes cause the problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 06:08:58 pm »

Just to summarise:

1. You can't remove files from the View or change their position if you don't want to change the View definition or use a Playlist. If the View is correct for you 99% of the time, leave it alone.
2. Even though it is a read-only field and can't be edited directly, you can fix the [Date Imported] field with a couple of methods. See;
    https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,71717.msg484790.html#msg484790
    https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,102906.msg714728.html#msg714728. Note that Data Fiddler is now part of the "Swag of Tools", available here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106802.0.html
3. What you really should be doing is fixing whatever is changing the [Date Imported] field in the first place. Hence, the request for your workflow and tools used, if you can't fix this yourself.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 06:14:39 pm »

Yes it's 26.0.56
I use mp3tag.  Now that I know this *may* be a defect I'll pay closer attention as I make changes.  Perhaps I'll figure out the trigger for the behavior I've seen.

Upon further googling, I think I found my solution which seems to work mostly as expected:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,71717.msg484790.html#msg484790

Thanks

Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 06:17:04 pm »

RoderickGI - Thanks again!

Our replies crossed paths.  I had just found one of the links you provided.   

I truly appreciate you doing the additional research.
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up