INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reducing the Scope of Text Search  (Read 346 times)

bennykirk

• Recent member
Reducing the Scope of Text Search
« on: April 29, 2020, 12:34:58 pm »

Hi All.

I wonder if anyone can help. When I do a simple Search from the Search Bar I only want it to return results from a small number of fields - Name, Artist, Genre - and not fields like Composer and Publisher which I am not interested in.

I thought I could just untick the Default Search Field button(s) in Tools > Options > Library and Folders > Manage Library Field, save and that would be the end of it.

However, when I come back to Search it still looks at these tags. Does anyone know how I can customise the Simple Search criteria to only look at fields I want it to, without having to go to the bother of setting up a specific search through the wizard?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Reducing the Scope of Text Search
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:55:47 pm »

That's a good point.

We'll change the next build to try this:
Changed: When a field is not a default search field, it will not be used for suggestions in the search.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 12:57:57 pm »

Search is an expression.

Start by using the wizard.  When you finish the wizard, it will deposit the completed search expression.

Learn through example the correct syntax, and you can type in such expressions without invoking the wizard.

bennykirk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 03:00:27 pm »

Thanks both for your input.

@ Wer, I get where you are coming from it just feels like unticking criteria would be a simpler route. Whilst I await pending changes I will give it a shot though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up