INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IceTV EPG stopped working  (Read 928 times)

Dantos

• World Citizen
IceTV EPG stopped working
« on: April 30, 2020, 12:15:31 am »

UPDATE - working again after pc rebooted. anyone venture a guess why this would happen?

Hi

MC 26.0.30
Win 10

My Australian IceTV program stopped working, all fields "No program information"

TV Options > Download Program = XMLTV DVT-T just as previously and with same link to IceTV

Running the profile yields error ""execution of external program failed". it also displays "the program guide file is not valid. or does not contain any program information for channels in your list"

Internet is working

I went from 30 day free trial to a paid subscription recently so figured maybe the XMLTV download link had changed

IceTV customer service wrote "I have checked the link and your account and they are both fine.What program are you using to download the EPG data itself? It looks like JRiver doesn't have a mechanism to download the file from our server, so it needs something in the middle to perform that actual download."

TIA

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: IceTV EPG stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 01:20:16 pm »

JRiver has not integrated IceTV EPG into MC.  Your setup therefore must use an externally downloaded XMLTV file, or execute an external program that downloads the XMLTV file.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 05:42:20 pm »

I'm not using it so can't check, but IceTV doesn't need an external downloader or an XMLTV file previously downloaded. You just use the URL provided with the account, at least for the plain XMLTV data, which is all that MC can use anyway.

See instructions at the bottom of this post: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109995.msg760770.html#msg760770

Strange that it gave you that error message Dantos. MC must have decided the URL was an external program. Good it is working now.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 09:21:59 pm »

I'm not using it so can't check, but IceTV doesn't need an external downloader or an XMLTV file previously downloaded. You just use the URL provided with the account, at least for the plain XMLTV data, which is all that MC can use anyway.

See instructions at the bottom of this post: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109995.msg760770.html#msg760770

Strange that it gave you that error message Dantos. MC must have decided the URL was an external program. Good it is working now.

JRiver has not integrated IceTV EPG into MC.  Your setup therefore must use an externally downloaded XMLTV file, or execute an external program that downloads the XMLTV file.

Strange thing was nothing had changed AFAIK - I had successfully started using the ICETV epg as per the instructions :
    Once you have subscribed go to https://www.icetv.com.au/xmltv and login.
    Copy the link under "The link to use in your XMLTV enabled recorder is:"
    and in MC's Tools --> Options --> Television --> Load Program Guide --> Add --> XMLTV paste this link under "Load XMLTV results from this file" (and make sure "Run an executable to     retrieve XMLTV data" is unchecked.

Anyway, a pc reboot fixed it. Thanks. If it happens to someone else, try the reboot first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up