INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver WDM Driver will not install  (Read 479 times)

jjkale

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver WDM Driver will not install
« on: April 30, 2020, 07:56:37 pm »

I uninstalled a working WDM driver to test another driver on my system (Pink Faun I2S WASAPI).
When I attempted to reload the WDM, I have repeatedly been unable.
MC 25.0.114.
I have tried to standard uninstall/restart/install /restart several times.
I have tried as an administrator.
I have tried restarting the computer (Win 10).
I have tried changing the default driver.
I believe I have tried every suggestion I can find on this forum going back several years.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help! ;D

jjkale

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver WDM Driver will not install
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 11:03:06 am »

I installed MC 26 and was then able to install the WDM driver.
Why does the WDM cause so many issues for so many users?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver WDM Driver will not install
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 12:59:00 am »

Most problems with the WDM Driver are Windows/Microsoft issues. They have tightened up what drivers can be installed, how, and require signing of the drivers. It isn't as straight forward as it used to be.

Anyway, you were on MC25.0.114. Are you aware of the Release Notes in the Wiki?

There was one more update of MC25 after the version you were on, and it was mainly provided to fix the WDM Driver installation process.

25.0.115 (12/9/2019)
2. Fixed: The WDM driver could not be installed on a 64-bit OS when using a 32-bit MC installed in a path with parentheses in it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up