INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver not reading regular CD ISO  (Read 490 times)

DmitryB

• World Citizen
JRiver not reading regular CD ISO
« on: April 30, 2020, 10:20:42 pm »

I made an ISO out of a regular CD (instead of importing multiple tracks, I chose to just make an ISO) on a Mac. And JRiver won't read the individual tracks. Is it supposed to? It just says it's an iso - if I choose to Play it, it mounts the ISO on my desktop and opens a finder window with all the tracks displayed, but this is outside of JRiver. Is this correct? JRiver can't read an ISO of a regular compact disc? Or was there something wrong with the creation of the ISO?

I'm on an iMac Pro and just downloaded the latest version of JRiver.

Thanks!
Dmitry

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver not reading regular CD ISO
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 06:09:41 am »

I've used MC to read SACD ISOs and that works.  Though it's strange because renaming or moving the ISO can destroy all of your edits to the individual tracks.  If I had more of these, I would figure out some other way to handle them.

I don't have any CD ISOs.  I just tried to make one with my ripping tool of choice, XLD, and there's no option to do so.  A little bit of research says that Disk Utility can do it, but some posts I've read say those ISOs aren't readable from a CDDA (Audio CD).  I have not tried it yet.

I have ripped many hundreds of my CDs into individual FLAC files and MC works quite well with them.  Are you just curious about this because it was an option?  Or is there a specific goal you are trying to achieve?

My guess is that MC doesn't handle CD ISOs very well on the Mac, but that's just a guess since I don't have any to play with.

Brian.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver not reading regular CD ISO
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 11:19:12 am »

Hey Brian!

SACD ISO's work great with JRiver. I was trying to convert CDs to ISOs (using Disk Utility) to minimize the number of files. You get 1 ISO instead of a folder with many tracks. I was just trying it for convenience's sake. But alas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up