INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring music to micro sd card  (Read 1045 times)

markm

Transferring music to micro sd card
« on: May 01, 2020, 05:12:42 pm »

I've been trying to transfer music to a new microsd card I recently purchased. Keep getting the message "None of the tracks can be transferred. Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types." All the music files  are in flac format copied from my cd's using JRiver Media Center. I'm using flac encoder and I've tried every possible path (M3U, etc.) What am I doing wrong? I bought the microsd for my cellphone (to play music in my car) and had it  installed in the phone at first. MediaCenter could not find the card, only the phone's harddrive which has insufficient space  for the number of music files I was trying to sync. I then put the card into a card adaptor and plugged it directly into my laptop which MediaCenter can see but will not sync with. I am able to manually copy and paste individual tracks but this is way too time consuming and I'm not even sure if all the relevant track info is being transferred. Also don't know if the file can be played ( in properties  it says only JRiver can access the file).  :P :-[
JRiver MediaCenter version 22.0.108
Windows 8.1 64bit
PNY 512gb microsd card
Kyocera Duraforce Pro2 software version 4.207VZ

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Transferring music to micro sd card
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 05:52:14 pm »

If it's in the phone, you should see two devices for the phone in the handheld section.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Transferring music to micro sd card
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 08:29:34 pm »

JRiver MediaCenter version 22.0.108

A lot has changed since that version. Really, a lot, particularly with the Handheld Sync functionality when working with Android phones, which have themselves changed a lot.

What is your phone? Make, Model, full OS Version.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up