INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fresh install Media Center 26 on new PC  (Read 532 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Fresh install Media Center 26 on new PC
« on: May 03, 2020, 12:00:07 pm »

Hello,

I'm currently installing my new PC. Switched after more then 8 years finally to Windows 10. My current version on old PC is 23. I just bought and downloaded 26 to start on the new system. I guess it's stable enough to use unless it's better to start with 25?

What would be the right move to get my current database to work just as I'm used to on my old PC? Is there a way to copy settings? I can still use both PC's near to each other. I will copy my music files to the same named HDD as the old PC (G:\Music) Films and series are on a NAS system.

(I guess I only need to upgrade Media Center on other PC's in the house?)

Thanks in advance, Theo

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Fresh install Media Center 26 on new PC
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 12:53:18 pm »

On the old PC load JRiver and go File > Library > Backup Library. Copy the resulting zip file to your new PC.

Manually transfer the directories containing your music, video etc to the same location on the new PC. Load JRiver, File > Library > Restore Library and point it to the zip file you made.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 09:38:11 am »

On the old PC load JRiver and go File > Library > Backup Library. Copy the resulting zip file to your new PC.

Manually transfer the directories containing your music, video etc to the same location on the new PC. Load JRiver, File > Library > Restore Library and point it to the zip file you made.

Thanks! I did exactly that and my music and video files do work. As a former owner of a video rental store I own thousands of DVD's and hundreds of Blu-Ray. I have made a section DVD and Blu-Ray. It's just so I know where to look in boxes I stored my discs in. All the data (actors, director, year etc.) is still there, but I don't see my thumbnail pictures anymore. Maybe that has to do with the fact that they were stored first in a Media Center 23 folder, where the other files (that are physical) have a folder.jpg with the image. Any idea if that could be the case? I will see if I can fix it myself. Don't want to add all those one by one... LOL

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:50:55 am »

I got it! Pffff... It was quite easy: I used the option "Quick find in file / Cover Art Directory" and there they are.
Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up