INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.160 available here  (Read 3753 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.160 available here
« on: April 24, 2003, 03:16:44 pm »

Media Center 9.0.160 is available.  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90160.exe

History  

1. NEW: TV Control - Added a Reset button on "Advanced Properties" page, that resets parameters to default values.
2. Changed: TV Control - Default recording profile is changed from "640 x 240 JRiver Codec Timeshift, WMV Recording, 29.97" to "640 x 240 JRiver Codec 29.97fps" to avoid problems found on Hauppauge cards.
3. Fixed: Remote Server would crash when serving out to Glissando.
4. Changed: One-click graphical rating now works on all selected files if changing a selected file.
5. Changed: No more performance hit for using gridlines. (gridlines now only work with MEGA-ME skinning)
6. Fixed: DSP Studio changes made while Options dialog was open would be overwritten when closing Options dialog.
7. Fixed: Added support for WAX playlists (it's asx with different extension).
8. Fixed: Added better error messages to DirectX playback.
9. Fixed: Some windows media streams would not play.
10. Fixed: CD burning progress window wasn't updating correctly during the burn process.
11. Fixed: Video track changes caused MC to jump to the foreground.
12. Fixed: File converter now uses "album artist" if available when placing output file in new directory.
13. Fixed: 8-bit WAV files weren't always being handled well.
14. Fixed: Automatic cover art linking (during Import and Quick Find Cover Art) wasn't working well with mix albums.
15. Fixed: MC would "stall out" when playing a lot of small files.
16. Fixed: SDK automation objects weren't always being released -- could cause the MC process to never exit.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 9.0.160 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 03:40:23 pm »

this stream does not seem to work now

MC comes back and tells me to select files to play

It did work before

http://www.live365.com/play/288258

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 03:46:44 pm »

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/04/22  Priority: High
    Video track changes cause MC to come to the foreground.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

• Withdrawn - Date Opened: 2003/04/11  Priority: High
    The External Tools facility is only processing the [FILENAME] tag and it's automatically putting double quotes around the replaced text.  Withdrawn for now

OK, Unless I find new bugs tonight, I've got no high-priority ones left open.  Thanks for all the hard work!  The list of nitpicky ones for after the release is growing however :)  (not to mention the 9.01 enhancement list)

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

barbarawalters

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 05:32:17 pm »

This is cosmetic, but I'm don't know if it suggests a problem with the way the base interface is constructed.  When running the program with skins disabled, if you click on any menu option, say (File) and drag to the next menu option (Edit) it redraws the entire program window and causes a "flicker."  Again, sorry if this is minor.  I know you guys are trying to close.  BTW, this is a great program.  I recommend to everyone I know.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 05:50:15 pm »

See the following separate threads:  

Build 160: Streaming Problems  

Build 160: Media Server Problems

Build 160: Problems Playing Quicktime Video Files

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 06:18:31 pm »

This is cosmetic, but I'm don't know if it suggests a problem with the way the base interface is constructed.  When running the program with skins disabled, if you click on any menu option, say (File) and drag to the next menu option (Edit) it redraws the entire program window and causes a "flicker."

You'll get the best performance from MC with MEGA-ME skinning enabled.  

This particular "bug" is one of a several cases where the only way we could fix it was through the skinning engine.

Hope that isn't too much of a big deal.

JHC

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 07:28:51 pm »

New build looks good but it seems that since the need for WMP9 was removed, playing video has become less stable.

I double-click video files (WMV) in Explorer to open them in Media Center. I play one, let it finish and double-click another. After doing this three or four times, Media Center crashes.

Thanks,

Jonathan

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2003, 07:50:24 pm »

Bugs:
1. With MEGA-ME skinning enabled (PixOS...argh, MEGA-ME skinning is so slow on a 'old' 450 PII PC), the Playing Now highlight-bar does not 'highlight' when you click on and Org tree node (like Playing Now) and return (via another click or pressing tab).  This makes it hard to know which window has the focus (Org tree or Content view?).

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2003, 08:13:50 pm »

MC 9.0.160 Crash:

- Open Skin Manager, apply a MEGA-ME skin (assuming skins are disabled to begin with)

- Re-open Skin Manager

- Browse to a Winamp skin (WSZ) file and apply it

(At this point, MC9 will be running with the Winamp skin, and Skin Manager will remain open)

- In Skin Manager, keep the original MEGA-ME skin selected, and hit Apply.  MC9 crashes (at least it does on my system)

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2003, 09:34:35 pm »

Problem with replaygain analysis during ripping.

When analyzing audio during ripping, the Peak Level field is not updated. The result is that the newly ripped files appear in the auto Smartlist/Task - need audio analysis.
A manual audio analysis is then required to fix the problem.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 10:51:44 pm »

This post is huge because at first I thought I was just doing something stupid, and that it would need to be in its own thread.  I thought it was something other than a bug in MC9.  However, now I think it is probably the latter.

The short description of the problem: Album tags beginning with certain characters (left paren "(" at least) won't appear under the autoalbumartist=[<artistname>] filter, unless the files with those tags are the only ones that meet the autoalbumartist=[<artistname>] criteria.

The incredibly long-winded description of the problem:

The problem: I have two albums from one particular artist (Godsmack).  (OK, think of all the jokes you can come up with after hearing the terms "artist" and "Godsmack" mentioned in the same sentence, and we'll pretend we all had a hearty laugh over it.)

One of the albums is named and tagged "(Self Titled)", and the other "Awake".  The files from both albums appear correctly under

Media Library/
Audio/
Artist/Album

(That is, with the [media type]=[audio] filter applied)

...yet only the album named "Awake" appears under

Media Library/
Audio/
Artist/Album/
Godsmack

(That is, with the (autoalbumartist=[Godsmack]) ([media type]=[audio]) filter applied)

I won't list all the files here, but they are all similar to this, with only the name and track number varying:

Godsmack - (Self Titled) - 01 - Moon Baby.ape

Godsmack - Awake - 01 - Sick Of Life.ape

I know what you're thinking--IT'S THE "ALBUM ARTIST" FIELD!  But no--NONE of the files in question have anything at all under that field.  And again, all the "Godsmack..." files are correctly tagged.

If I retag one or more of the Album fields from (Self Titled) to x(Self Titled), or anything similar, the files that have been retagged will appear (while those that are still tagged as (Self Titled) still do not appear).

The same thing happens with some, but not all, other files which have (Self Titled) as the album name.  For example,

Alice In Chains - (Self Titled) - 05 - Head Creeps.ape

Alice In Chains - Dirt - 12 - Angry Chair.ape

...behaves just like the "Godsmack..." files, while

Ashanti - (Self Titled) - 10 - VooDoo.ape

...has no problem whatsoever.  The difference in this case, however, is that there are no other "Ashanti..." files, other than the "(Self Titled)" ones.

I know that MJ8 didn't have a problem with this, so...

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2003, 01:45:08 am »

Hairstyle problems:

Goto Setup->Skins and a select a non-functioning skin. MC pops up an error saying
Failed to load full screen skin
Fine. But then Hairstyle freezes. You have to return to Mega-Me to get control back.

Holding down the up or down key still scrolls invisibly. You probably can't update the thumbnails fast enough, but couldn't it use the same method as mega-me where it only updates them when you let go?

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2003, 03:19:15 am »

SORTING
--- No problems with columns that are totally populated eg Name, Album etc. It sorts these quickly and accurately both in ascending and descending sequence. For columns that are not totally populated eg comments, notes etc, it not only takes a long time to complete, but there is no accuracy in the result. It should, for an ascending sort for instance, place all the blank fields first, but this does'nt happen. Non-blank fields seem to be anywhere up and down the column. This has been like this for ages.

CD LABELLER
-- Various problems concerning image printing. This has been reported separately to JohnT via email

Media Center Registered 9.0.160 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 600 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 11 MB
Resource Info: System - 26 %, GDI - 48 %, User - 26 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2003, 05:47:37 am »

> 14. Fixed: Automatic cover art linking (during Import and Quick Find Cover Art) wasn't working well with mix albums

Unfortunately...it works. It is attaching the same file (punky.jpg) to ALL imported files in a seemingly uncontrollable fashion. I thought auto cover art attachment was a bug at first until I saw #14. Is there a way to turn this off?...or at least change the default file or increase the accuracy of a cover art match. I'd rather turn it off, though.

10-27

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2003, 05:50:41 am »

JHC,

I can't reproduce the problem. Does it happen consistently? Does it happen only with specific files?

whoeveryouare,

The bug you've reported will be fixed in next build.

Nikolay

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2003, 06:08:46 am »

Unfortunately...it works. It is attaching the same file (punky.jpg) to ALL imported files in a seemingly uncontrollable fashion. I thought auto cover art attachment was a bug at first until I saw #14. Is there a way to turn this off?...or at least change the default file or increase the accuracy of a cover art match. I'd rather turn it off, though.

If there is an image (jpg, gif, etc.) in the same folder as the audio files you're importing, MC will automatically associate with it.  Removing that image should fix the problem.  If not, let us know.

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2003, 06:17:16 am »

Yes!!
Version 160 fixes the problem I had playing mp3s!

Great, I'm back on the horse!

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2003, 06:21:46 am »

Nik,

Sure 'nuff...that was it. Thanks! (I hope that gets documented in the v9 Help file).

10-27

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2003, 06:48:11 am »

If there is an image (jpg, gif, etc.) in the same folder as the audio files you're importing, MC will automatically associate with it.

Then that sort of answers why when I accidentally put into the import file function this string "R:;S:;T:;U:;\" it imported files from my 4 hard drives, but also the last \ somehow made MC search the MC directory, finds 12,000 + thumbnail files from the MC\Data\Thumbnails dir, and imports them as MP3's! :o They even had replay gain values! Bit rates!?? But they were somehow imported as dups tied to the thumbnails!? I found out by using MC to locate the files externally. It took me right to that thumbnail folder, everytime. Weird, very weird.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2003, 07:13:46 am »

whoeveryouare

Hey there,

I'm still trying to get my head around this auto album artist bug.

Are the albums that aren't showing up getting lumped under (Multiple Artists) in the tree?

If so, it means MC thinks the album has assorted artists. (which is what auto album artist is for -- to decide that)

If this is happening, do you keep all your Godsmack in one folder, or does each Godsmack album get its own folder?

Thanks!

JHC

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2003, 10:26:47 am »

JHC,

I can't reproduce the problem. Does it happen consistently? Does it happen only with specific files?

Nikolay,

Thanks for the response. It doesn't happen with the same file, and the file(s) that cause it to GPF are not the same each time -- it looks more like it is just a problem that shows up after repeated use. I will try the same thing here on a second computer that has a larger assortment of video files.

Thanks,

Jonathan

RemyJ

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2003, 10:39:25 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/04/25  Priority: High
    The audio from mpg and mov video tracks always plays back through the windows preferred device regardless of MC's audio device settings.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2003, 10:43:31 am »

The audio from mpg and mov video tracks always plays back through the windows preferred device regardless of MC's audio device settings

Options -> Playback only applies to files that are played through MC's internal audio engine. (mp3, ogg, ape, wav, etc.)

Movies are played using DirectShow.

We may redirect DirectShow audio through MC's audio engine someday, but not for version 9.0.

howiesil

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2003, 11:15:13 am »

I am still having problems opening real media files. I have RealOne player installed. I have a platinum subscription. When I try to play an rm file, I am asked to download the latest version of the real player which I already have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up