INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Libraries not showing on Mac  (Read 478 times)

rexb1971

Remote Libraries not showing on Mac
« on: May 06, 2020, 07:35:58 am »

Hello. I am a relatively new user of JRiver Media Center. I have a DLNA library being served up from a NAS that I am wanting to share across Mac and Windows machines in my household.

On the Windows machine, I can see the DLNA libraries listed under the "Playing Now" entry in the left menu and can select either a local library that I created or the DLNA library, as expected.

On the Mac (now upgraded to Catalina), all it shows is the local library. When I attempt to add the network library with the IP address and port, it says that the library is read-only and then lists none of the files. The various media drives from my NAS are already auto-mounted at startup on the Mac and I can play music or video from the networked drives without issue, I just can't seem to add the library.

I've been through the documentation but it seems rather sparse and I could not find another forum entry on this topic during an initial search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remote Libraries not showing on Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 04:40:46 pm »

Hello. I am a relatively new user of JRiver Media Center. I have a DLNA library being served up from a NAS that I am wanting to share across Mac and Windows machines in my household.

On the Windows machine, I can see the DLNA libraries listed under the "Playing Now" entry in the left menu and can select either a local library that I created or the DLNA library, as expected.

On the Mac (now upgraded to Catalina), all it shows is the local library. When I attempt to add the network library with the IP address and port, it says that the library is read-only and then lists none of the files. The various media drives from my NAS are already auto-mounted at startup on the Mac and I can play music or video from the networked drives without issue, I just can't seem to add the library.

I've been through the documentation but it seems rather sparse and I could not find another forum entry on this topic during an initial search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Go into Tools->Option on the Mac MC and turn on Media Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up