INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question on storing data in tags please  (Read 567 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
A question on storing data in tags please
« on: May 08, 2020, 04:36:25 am »

A while ago I created a tag "Label" but didn't realise at the time that I hadn't checked "Store in tags where possible".

Is there a way to get JRiver to dump all the "Label" info into the files?

Another question too please:
"Orchestra" field is a String, Not relational, Edit type "Standard"
"Soloists" field is a List (semi-colon delimited), Not Relational, Edit Type "List"

I much prefer the way "Orchestra" is set up because it gives me prompts, and also is quicker to edit,
but at face value I am unable to modify those parameters (greyed out). Is there a way around that?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: A question on storing data in tags please
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 04:45:18 am »

Select all of the files you want this to work on in the standard view window, right click on one of them and then select Library Tools> Update tags from library.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:51:39 am »

Great, thanks BS!

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 11:16:38 pm »

Another question too please:
"Orchestra" field is a String, Not relational, Edit type "Standard"
"Soloists" field is a List (semi-colon delimited), Not Relational, Edit Type "List"

I much prefer the way "Orchestra" is set up because it gives me prompts, and also is quicker to edit (and it is also semi-colon delimited),
but at face value I am unable to modify those parameters (greyed out) so that "Soloists" behaves the same way.

Is there a way around that?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 04:10:14 pm »

A classical track will have an orchestra hence the string format, whereas there may be a number of soloists hence the delimited list format. These field formats are fixed and can't be altered. Sorry.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 04:14:46 pm »

I thought that might be the case. They are so similar though - you can actually enter a second orchestra separated by a colon, so to be honest I don't see the need for both, but it is what it is.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 04:24:36 pm »

But the two orchestras separated by the colon form a single string, whereas each item in a list field is treated individually, for example genre is a list type so if I entered Female vocal ; Pop into it then that file will appear in each of those genres.The soloists field is designed so that you can enter a soloists name and have all of the tracks in which that soloist appears get selected regardless of any other soloists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up