INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA device IP  (Read 429 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
DLNA device IP
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:55:17 am »

I just had a new modem installed by my ISP.  My DLNA device would not play and Windows said the IP was xxx.xxx.x.17.  JRiver said the IP was xxx.xxx.x.22   I tried refresh Dynamic Entries and it still said .22   So, I rebooted JRiver and it still said .22  Then I closed IE and reopened and checked what Windows was saying the IP address was and it had updated to .22 and then I could stream to the DLNA. 

So, the issue seems to be on the Windows side that Windows 10 is late to update the IP.  JRiver has the correct IP and sends the call out but Windows 10 is (I am guessing here) redirecting the call from JRiver to the wrong IP.   

Question - is there anything that can/should be set in Group Policy to force Windows to update connected IP's faster?  This really does not seem to be a JRiver issue.  But, it happens to me quite regularly because my ISP connection has been problematic and everytime I have to power the router down and reboot, the IP's of connected devices seem to change.   

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: DLNA device IP
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 01:36:16 pm »

You could simply set up DHCP reservations on your router.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:19:44 am »

All my network devices do have fix IP addresses. I had in the past similar problems with DHCP.
TC
STefan
Wake up and slow down 😴

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 01:06:48 pm »

You could simply set up DHCP reservations on your router.

Yup. I do this as a rule for all computers and “things” that are part of the fixed infrastructure in the house. This includes all printers, Wifi access points, home automation devices, audio-visual devices, and MC servers, control points, & renderers. That way you can stop things jumping around.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up