INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nvidia Shield app crashed when TV's off  (Read 817 times)

LuigiRa

Nvidia Shield app crashed when TV's off
« on: May 08, 2020, 01:40:42 pm »

I use a Harmony remote, if I start the activity that controls shield, AVR and TV, everything goes ok, I can open JRiver for Android and play a track (can't find a way to start playing with tv off on jremote, seems like app can't auto start), if I turn the TV off the track stops (that's ok, I understand why) but then I can't be able to resume the playback, remote apps (Android and iPad) don't connect to the server and the Harmony remote can't resume playback, I have to power on TV and open the app again. I have the lattes version of the app on the Nvidia Shield Pro 2019.

I luv JRiver on PC but I want to reduce devices and I really want to make it work on shield. I only want audio from JRiver to work.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Nvidia Shield app crashed when TV's off
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 05:31:37 pm »

It sounds like the playback engine is getting destroyed when the TV turns off and not recreated when the app resumes. Hopefully we can get a fix for this out soon.

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:57:01 am »

You can try turning off CEC on the Shield and TV.

Are you using the Harmony to turn off the TV? Are the components connected to a receiver?

LuigiRa

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 04:40:40 pm »

Yeah, I use a button on the Harmony remote to send a power off command, it's not via cec, is done by a infrared command direct from the Harmony hub to the tv, so I think is the shield the problem in the chain, when detects the tv goes off, kills JRiver, it works on Spotify or other media apps, so maybe a API thing but I'm not a developer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up