INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opt out vrs opt in.  (Read 334 times)

bazile

• Recent member
Opt out vrs opt in.
« on: May 11, 2020, 12:24:36 am »

I started Media Center 26 tonight and saw there was an upgrade, so I did. I play a few songs, it worked great and I stopped and minimized MC. Coming back to log off for the evening I went to close the program and it told me it had 800+ tag changes to finish. What did you think I wanted to opt in to? Is there a reason you didn't ask first? How do I put back whatever you changed? Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Opt out vrs opt in.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 02:46:47 am »

Auto Import probably kicked in, and was looking up Lyrics (Auto Import settings and Options) or analysing audio for HDCD (Options).

You could have turned off those settings at the time, and Ctrl+Z would have undone the changes.

If the above was the case, now that it is hours later, you could Restore a recent Library Backup to get back to a point before those fields were populated... although actually those fields are written to the file tags by default, so they will still be there. You could delete that info in MC and Update Tags (from library), if you think it is worth it.

Of course the above is a guess, as I don't know what versions you updated from or to. Or how large your Library is, so I don't know if it was just finishing off updating 30,000 files, or just starting on 1,000 files. Or if you accidentally dragged a directory of music to a new location. Or...

You get the idea. It is hard to know without more information.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up