INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded to 26.2, Cover Art Didn't Transfer!  (Read 525 times)

gregvinci

• Recent member
Upgraded to 26.2, Cover Art Didn't Transfer!
« on: May 11, 2020, 11:24:15 pm »

Hello,

This is probably pretty basic. I started with MC 25.0.95 and did a lot of editing/tagging, etc. I did multiple Library backups, so my work is safe. When I upgraded to OS X Catalina, I had to upgrade to MC 26.0.39. No biggie. When I restored the Library, It didn't transfer my cover art. I can see in the folder where the old 25.0.95 art is located, but I can't get MC 26 to see the cover art files. Help! I moved the cover art files to the new MC26 directory and it still doesn't recognize them.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greg

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgraded to 26.2, Cover Art Didn't Transfer!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 01:49:24 pm »

Hello,

This is probably pretty basic. I started with MC 25.0.95 and did a lot of editing/tagging, etc. I did multiple Library backups, so my work is safe. When I upgraded to OS X Catalina, I had to upgrade to MC 26.0.39. No biggie. When I restored the Library, It didn't transfer my cover art. I can see in the folder where the old 25.0.95 art is located, but I can't get MC 26 to see the cover art files. Help! I moved the cover art files to the new MC26 directory and it still doesn't recognize them.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greg
You probably just need to change your cover art directory in MC's settings. Look in Options->File Location->Cover Art.

Note that 26.0.73 is stable now, you should probably update.

gregvinci

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 10:33:58 am »

Bob,

Thanks.

Could you be a little more specific? Do I point it to the old folder named "Cover Art" inside MC25 or the folder inside that one called "Albums?" Will MC extract all the cover art automatically or do I have to go through and insert them one at a time? There are hundreds of JPGs in there and MC isn't finding them and associating them with the albums.

These are pretty basic questions. I'm a newbie with MC.

Thanks,

Greg

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 09:44:29 am »

It's a little different on Mac since it doesn't have the ability to automatically copy the cover art folder.
If you want to keep MC25 as well (that's totally fine to do) you can copy the folder from
the MC25 location to the same location under MC26. If you've deleted MC25 you can just move the folder to the the MC26 location.
Pages: [1]   Go Up