INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expressions for Setting Podcast Feed Tag Properties  (Read 429 times)

Matthew1968

Expressions for Setting Podcast Feed Tag Properties
« on: May 12, 2020, 04:11:24 am »

Morning all,

I'm using MC 26 to fetch all my favourite podcasts. I take advantage of the ability to set the Tag Properties for feeds (Select a subscribed podcast -> Edit This Feed button -> Set Tag Properties). There you can control how you want the various tags set; I guess most people simply leave them on DEFAULT.

However, I want to set some of them so that I end up with a tidy collection of .mp3 files. So, for example, I set:
  • Name field to: "From Our Own Correspondent"
  • Filename field to: =Replace([Name],:,) FormatDate([Date,0],yyyy-MM-dd)
What I'm hoping for is a podcast called
  • From Our Own Correspondent
and a file on disk called
  • From Our Own Correspondent 2020-05-11.mp3
The Problem

However, the filename I get is:
  • From Our Own Correspondent 1900-01-08.mp3
It's so nearly working, but not quite. I have to go through all the podcast downloads and use the Library Tools / Rename, Move and Copy dialogue box, using the same formula (which works fine).

It's like the date field isn't yet available at the time the expression is evaluated. Anyone any clues as to how to fix this? Or have I actually gone and found an edge case / bug? I've been using MC for many years and versions, and they've all behaved as I've described.

Many thanks,

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Expressions for Setting Podcast Feed Tag Properties
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 08:02:01 am »

I just tried the latest MC26 and I got this for a filename:
2020-05-05 Research on whales, cosmos among many studies derailed by pandemic

That seems pretty good, so I'm not sure what might be happening to you.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Expressions for Setting Podcast Feed Tag Properties
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 09:27:14 pm »

Your expression works just fine for me, exactly as it is.

I would look at your [Date] field. It looks like it may be wrong. The date you got corresponds to a value of "9".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up