INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build 160: Media Server Problems  (Read 921 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Build 160: Media Server Problems
« on: April 24, 2003, 05:53:58 pm »

1. When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0x80070005." This error only occurs when trying to play these files from the server on another computer when the server is set up to use a UserID and password.  This problem disappeared a few builds ago, but has not reappeared with build 159 (or maybe a handful of builds earlier.

2. Bringing up what would be a display of video file thumbnails results in the server trying to transfer all of the entire video files themselves to the remote PC. This makes it impossible to play any video files from within a group of files (i.e. from the group of all video files) on the server using a remote PC because the transfers would take forever to complete for all the files. Shouldn't the thumbnail image be created/pulled by Media Server and only that smaller image sent to the Remote PC? From the Media Server log, Media Server seems to do the same thing with picture files (although I may be reading the log incorrectly), which isn't great, but in that case at least the transfers can actually be completed.

3. Attempting to play a single MPEG video file, i.e. from a group of one, results in three successive "Error" dialogs saying "DirectShow: Interface not registered" followed by a "Warning" dialog saying "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location."

4. Attempting to play a single AVI video file, i.e. from a group of one, results in three successive "Error" dialogs saying "DirectShow: Interface not registered" followed by a "Warning" dialog saying "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location."

5. Attempting to play a single quicktime file using a remote PC (if the server USES a UserID and password ) brings up a dialog asking for Quicktime Internet Authentication (repeatedly), then a dialog saying Media Center has encountered problems playing the last several files, and then I get a dialog saying "Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close." Etc. and Media Center terminates. Note: the first error listed only occurs, but the even without these enabled, the second two fatal errors still occur.

6. Attempting to play a single quicktime file using a remote PC (if the server DOES NOT use a UserID and password ) results in approximately five attempts to read the quicktime file from Media Server (as evidenced by activity reported in the Media Server window) Then a dialog saying "Media Sever has generated errors" pops up briefly and Media Server crashes. The Media Center app on the Remote PC crashes shortly thereafter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up