INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matching a new tag  (Read 575 times)

bubenzo

Matching a new tag
« on: May 13, 2020, 07:05:14 pm »

Hello,
I decided to use just a small amount of Genres (Classical, Jazz, Pop/Rock, World & Other, Soundtrack), then I used the tag "Style" to classify music in every Genre a deeper way (Genre: Pop/Rock >> Style: RnB, Funk, Blues, Alternative Rock, etc.).
Is there any way to make MC match this tag, which is 100% present in the metadata of my whole archive, but that doesn't appear on MC's tag list?
I would like to see "Style" in Library sort list.
Thank you.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Matching a new tag
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 07:20:32 pm »

Yes.

Welcome to the forums. 

Since this is your first post, I don't know how much you know about using the software.  So although the short answer is yes, you will have to be a lot more specific about exactly what you want to do.

Presumably you have been tagging your music using some other program, so the custom tags you have created are in the files, but JRiver doesn't know about them.

You need to start by reading this article, and pay attention to the Tag Import Options section at the bottom.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Fields#Tag_Import_Options

You will need to make a field in JRiver to match each custom tag you want to import.

Once that is done, and you want your tags to show up in your views, you will need to customize your views to display the tags you want.  If that concept is new to you, read this article for a good primer:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

bubenzo

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 11:53:03 pm »

Hi wer,
thank you for your answer.

In the end I could find that the 'style' tag was already existing in the default list, but I also learned how to create a new field and to manage the views.

Thank you very much!

PS: I have another couple questions and I couldn't find an answer in the wiki section, but I guess I should open a new thread?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 11:55:19 pm »

If it's on a different subject, it is best to create a new thread with an appropriate subject, as it helps other people who are searching regarding the same issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up