INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie (video) Convert Format  (Read 659 times)

RCFlyer

• Recent member
Movie (video) Convert Format
« on: May 16, 2020, 10:33:11 am »

Running the latest macOS Catalina on a MBP and the latest MC26 build 80.
I can play this movie that is in mkv perfectly fine. Video and Audio is played in English.
Wanted to convert this same movie to mp4 1080, I have done this before without any issues on other movies. Coverted completed.
When I played the mp4 file the video was great however the audio was not English. I'm going to say it was German. Was the same when played in MC26 and QuickTime Player. QTP there was no options to change the audio language and MC26 is always set for English.
I went back to MC26 and played the original mkv file, again video was great and audio was in English.
Tried again with the same file, same results.

I will try other movies in the same format.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie (video) Convert Format
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 02:42:41 pm »

Running the latest macOS Catalina on a MBP and the latest MC26 build 80.
I can play this movie that is in mkv perfectly fine. Video and Audio is played in English.
Wanted to convert this same movie to mp4 1080, I have done this before without any issues on other movies. Coverted completed.
When I played the mp4 file the video was great however the audio was not English. I'm going to say it was German. Was the same when played in MC26 and QuickTime Player. QTP there was no options to change the audio language and MC26 is always set for English.
I went back to MC26 and played the original mkv file, again video was great and audio was in English.
Tried again with the same file, same results.

I will try other movies in the same format.
Can you select English after the conversion from the Audio Streams when it's playing back or is there only one audio stream?

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 07:23:39 pm »

This particular movie .mkv has 2-audio streams. The 1st one in the list (MC26) is the non-English audio stream, the 2nd one is the English stream. When you go to do the convert format, the options for audio is empty whereas the Video has options. It looks like convert format selects the 1st audio stream as opposed to following MC26 Options>Video>Subtitles & Languages selection (as it does when it plays and hence why it seems to be correct. Player>Display Options>Streams. There is a V:Eng video and A:ac3 and A:DTS. The ac3 is the non-English and the DTS is the English.)

It seems like the convert format has no means to select the audio stream to convert with the video.

The converted .mp4 file has no audio stream selections available and hence the non-English version.

Hope this helps.

PS: as the kids wanted to watch this on the TV along with others, I setup and used the Media Network and via a browser on the TV we were able to surf over to my MAC, connect with JRiver and play the movie(s). Pretty slick  :) Gotta just love MC26!!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 09:09:15 am »

Looks like a bug, it should use the last selected stream. We are working on a fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up