INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Tag of Recorded TV Shows / Checkboxes for fields  (Read 489 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a 2-part question:

1) What is special about recorded TV shows that prevents the Tag option from showing up for the items in the recordings list?

I looked through the tags for a files recording within MC and a recording that was imported from Windows Media Center.  Other than the file type (.ts vs .wtv) there aren't any differences I see that should matter.  "Playback Info" was the only one that was a potentially important difference, but setting the value in the .wtv file to match the file that was recorded by MC didn't change anything.

I also took a look at my Theater View rules for the view I use for MC recordings vs WMC recordings and there's nothing special there - they're both filtering on Media Sub Type = "TV Show" and a folder location.  Recordings from MC also have other different options, such as "Exempt from Auto Cleanup".

What triggers these differences and is it possible to add the Tag option to TV recordings that were made by MC?  This leads to the 2nd part of the question...

2) I'd like to add an Archive field that I can use to flag TV recordings that I'd like to save to watch again later, but not have in my main Recordings view (I would add an "Archived Recordings" view for these.  Is there a way to configure a library field to be a checkbox, radio button, or other type of field in the Theater View tag editor?  I saw an old thread that seemed to be suggesting it should be possible to have a checkbox if the library field is configured with the checkbox option:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117975.0.html

It would be really awesome to either fix this or add support for it in Theater View, depending on whether this is considered a bug or an enhancement.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View Tag of Recorded TV Shows / Checkboxes for fields
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 08:37:02 pm »

1) Well, that is new. I haven't been tagging in Theatre View because of the problem below and in my original thread, so I hadn't noticed. The field that is making the difference is probably the [Recording Rule ID], which identifies a file as a MC TV recording. I suspect that the Tag function should still be there, but got lost with some of the other menu changes that happened, such as those in MC26.0.21 (2/6/2020).

2) I would still like to see this done. My last post in that thread gave examples of where toggling fields is already done in Theatre View, and therefore it would seem that it could be done for custom fields in the tagging functionality. Even if the custom field edit type is "Check".

Hopefully, these can be considered.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

greynolds

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 09:07:21 am »

1) Well, that is new. I haven't been tagging in Theatre View because of the problem below and in my original thread, so I hadn't noticed. The field that is making the difference is probably the [Recording Rule ID], which identifies a file as a MC TV recording. I suspect that the Tag function should still be there, but got lost with some of the other menu changes that happened, such as those in MC26.0.21 (2/6/2020).

2) I would still like to see this done. My last post in that thread gave examples of where toggling fields is already done in Theatre View, and therefore it would seem that it could be done for custom fields in the tagging functionality. Even if the custom field edit type is "Check".

Hopefully, these can be considered.
Thanks for the feedback and +1.  I'm hoping these are both relatively simple to address and therefore will be given serious consideration.

greynolds

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 03:24:31 pm »

@JimH - could these 2 Theater View items please be seriously considered for an upcoming release?  I'm assuming item 1 should be pretty easy.  Item 2 might take more effort but I think you guys already have a pattern that would work in the Theater View recording configuration popups.
Pages: [1]   Go Up