INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MyMovies 2 integration possible?  (Read 777 times)

dhampny

• Recent member
MyMovies 2 integration possible?
« on: May 19, 2020, 09:32:25 am »

Can I integrate my MyMovies 2 database with JRiver MC 26 for Mac?  I have no desire to copy my DVDs and BluRays to my Mac mini or an external drive and import them into MC but I would like to catalog information about my collection.  I can do this in MyMovies but it doesn't appear to be possible to do this in MC for Mac.  Since I have all my music (installed on external drives) databased in MC I would like to keep my video information in MC also.

Is this possible to do?  I have searched the forum but had no luck finding an answer so I think it may not be doable, but I didn't want to give up without asking the question.  Thanks.

David

dhampny

• Recent member
Re: MyMovies 2 integration possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 06:18:12 am »

If this integration isn't possible is there a way to build a movie database within MC for Mac or build it externally and import it into MC?  From searching this site I've read about something called Data Logger but it was only usable with MC for Windows (think I'm remembering correctly).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 12:29:10 pm »

We have had MyMovies support for many years, but I am not sure about MyMovies 2.  What is the difference?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dhampny

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 07:39:51 am »

We have had MyMovies support for many years, but I am not sure about MyMovies 2.  What is the difference?

It's just their updated version.  I asked MyMovies support about their integration with MC 26 for Mac.  Unfortunately, they replied that their Mac apps do not store meta-data for JRiver to use.

David

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 08:59:32 pm »

It's just their updated version.  I asked MyMovies support about their integration with MC 26 for Mac.  Unfortunately, they replied that their Mac apps do not store meta-data for JRiver to use.

David

Ah, I see.  Our support of MyMovies was done through reading an xml file created by MyMovies.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up