INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: critical error encountered  (Read 599 times)

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
critical error encountered
« on: May 19, 2020, 10:53:19 pm »

I am consistently getting this error and it interrupts what I am watching. What's going on?

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: critical error encountered
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 11:11:35 pm »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Media Center upgraded to the latest version today 26.0.80 64 bit,  I have removed all drivers and software for the Hauppage 4 tuner TV card and installed only the Windows 10 drivers, I had two drives for TV recording and the first was an M.2 card but it seemed to record on the second drive instead which is not as fast so I removed the second drive in TV Preferences and opened permissions on both drives but all to no avail still getting the error. I suspect it has something to do with the TV station I have set to record not coming in clearly, here in Chicago even with an antenna on the roof there are issues. It happens with the Media Center closed as well only the Server running. Isn't there some way to just tell it to STOP TELLING ME ABOUT THE ERROR! It does still record duplicate shows and records for over 24 hours at times but I've given up on that at least you fixed the windows opening too big but this makes it unwatchable. SPECCY attached

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 06:44:23 am »

Is the error the message at the top (Your computer is being controlled by Cloud account.)?

I don't think that's our error.

You can set the locations for recording in MC's options.

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 10:54:49 pm »

No the huge box in the middle of the screen that says " critical error encountered"!?
Pages: [1]   Go Up