INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MQA and new Library  (Read 2000 times)

Knitman

• Recent member
MQA and new Library
« on: May 22, 2020, 04:20:22 pm »

I have searched but no luck.

Does MC play MQA files?

I use a 2019 MBPro and have a DAC which plays MQA.

I also wanted to change my library to an external SSD and it wouldn’t. Until I made up a new folder nmed Music 2 and it accepted that but then had to copy all the files from Muisc to it. It is as well I had to room or don’t know what I woujld have done. Why could I n ot just delete the original library location and then add the new location?

Thank you kindly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MQA and new Library
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 04:42:15 pm »

MC doesn't play MQA, but you can bitstream them to a DAC that supports MQA.  You're probably better off to use a good lossless format like FLAC or ALAC.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MQA and new Library
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:11:06 pm »

I also wanted to change my library to an external SSD and it wouldn’t. Until I made up a new folder nmed Music 2 and it accepted that but then had to copy all the files from Muisc to it. It is as well I had to room or don’t know what I woujld have done. Why could I n ot just delete the original library location and then add the new location?

In MC we have a slight terminology problem.  I really wish they would change it, but that might cause more confusion.  To be specific:

Library, in MC terms, means the database files.  These are files that you never see that keep track of your Media files.  You should never touch these files, move them, delete them, etc.  MC uses them internally.  When you use File > Library  menu items, you are working with the Library files, which are part of MC's database structure.

However, most people intuitively think of their MEDIA FILES as the "library".  This isn't wrong per se... it's just that MC's definition of "Library" is different.

Based on what you wrote above, I'm not sure what you did.  You might have used some File > Library menu items.  You might have done something manually.  You might have moved your Media Files.

Give me some details on what you were trying to do, and what commands and procedures you used, and I may be able to guide you to the solution that you are looking for.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up