INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 26 won't import MP3 or Wav files  (Read 898 times)

John Oster

• Recent member
MC 26 won't import MP3 or Wav files
« on: May 27, 2020, 06:52:11 pm »

I have quite a few of each file type, and they are in the same directory as my FLAC and DSD files, but they don't import. I tried deleting and re-adding them to the directory, but they still don't show up in Albums, Artists, Recent Albums, etc. under Audio. If I go to Open Media File and locate one, it will play but just a single track--not the entire album. I see that the Mac version doesn't have a File Type listed under Audio Options like the Windows version does...or is it located somewhere else?
MacBook Pro>MC26>McIntosh MA9000>DALI Epicon2/SVS Ultra 13

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 26 won't import MP3 or Wav files
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:05:12 pm »

Check your Auto Import settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 09:18:07 pm »

I looked at them--what should I be looking for? It lists the location of the monitored directory and I have Audio Files selected...what else should it include?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 09:40:51 pm »

If the directory, media type (audio), and file types are selected in Auto Import, and still running Auto Import doesn't import them, have you previously imported and deleted these files from MC?

If so, check the Tasks area at the bottom of the Auto Import configuration dialogue. Uncheck "Ignore files previously removed from library", and try the import again.
If you aren't sure, create a Smartlist showing all files in the "Removed" database, and see if MC thinks they have been deleted previously. Search the forum for "Removed Database" to find out how to build that Smartlist.

Otherwise, check the Smartlist called "Audio -- Bad Audio files" to see if MC thinks these files are bad.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 12:41:49 am »

I deleted all of the files in the particular directory and re-added them today. All but a dozen out of several hundred reappeared. Only the wav and MP3 files did not import.

I unchecked the "Ignore..." and re-imported...no change.

I created a Smartlist and limited the database to removed files...nothing shows up.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 01:29:59 am »

Normally when this sort of thing happens it is because the WAV or MP3 files are corrupted or damaged. Otherwise, MC would import them, if the Auto Import settings were correct.

But if all the WAV and MP3 files aren't being imported, that seems less likely. Unless they are all from the same source, or have some common event in their past, like a failing hard drive.

Try setting "Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Automatically import files when played" on, and then play a couple of files. Are they then imported?

PS: I'm a Windows user, so I might trip over Mac issues. But what we have talked about so far should be the same across all platforms.

PPS: Just to be sure we are on the same page, the image below shows the configuration of Auto Import, and where the detailed file types that are to be imported are selected. MPEG (MP3) and WAV are down the list a little. I think you have that all correct, but a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a picture.

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 11:10:31 am »

I changed the Auto Import to "Automatically import files when played"--they played but didn't import.

All of the wav files are from the same site--yet one of them imported. All of the MP3s started as YouTube  videos that I converted--yet one of them imported! Grrrr!

I think this is a lost cause, so I'll just use my Audirvana--it doesn't have these problems. Thank you very much for trying to help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 05:01:58 pm »

Before you give up, because that would be a shame, would you be willing to share one each of the bad WAV and MP3 files?

Pop them up on Google Drive or similar, and share the link to them, either via PM or on the forum.

I'll see if they import for me.

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 05:46:39 pm »

To be honest, I much prefer Audirvana's interface, so I'm good. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up