INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I use the WDM driver so I can play music from player [and] hear game audi  (Read 1027 times)

Pesaudio

• Recent member

Topic + "audio" at the end there. I have an issue where I am forced to use inferior sound source such as spotify or youtube when I really want to play games that is grindy but I want to hear the "sound effects" from the game at the same time. Because playing music via(music files) jriver media center takes over the sound completely. It feels a weird compromise that there is only one way to achieve this by being reliant of youtube or other sources instead of only jriver media center for music you already have on the computer.

There is a high chance I have missed something so either u can see this thread as a "request" of adding two type of sound sources, allowing sound playing from media center to coexist with other sounds playing on the computer (maybe the same thing lol :P) or as a thread asking for help with this issue if there is a solution.

intrance

• Recent member

Hope I'm understanding your question correctly but try this:

Tools -> Options -> Audio

In the options on the right, under Audio Device, select the one that includes "Direct Sound" (usually "Default Audio Device [Direct Sound]").
I guess you have it set to an ASIO or WASAPI option. For me it has always defaulted to the Direct Sound option, but it is something to check.

Pesaudio

• Recent member

This was apparently not what I was asking because using DirectSound didnt make it work. To be clear, I want to play game audio and the ability to use music from jriver at the same time. When I press on any music file, it "takes over" and focus entirely on the music file which is not what I want to happen. I can accept if there is no current solution but I want the team to know about this

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe

This was apparently not what I was asking because using DirectSound didnt make it work. To be clear, I want to play game audio and the ability to use music from jriver at the same time. When I press on any music file, it "takes over" and focus entirely on the music file which is not what I want to happen. I can accept if there is no current solution but I want the team to know about this
You would have to send the audio to separate zones that are playing to the same DirectSound device.
I'm not at a PC with Media Center on it right now, but there should be instructions somewhere for using Zone Switch to send WDM audio to its own Zone automatically, keeping it separate from the other audio.

Pesaudio

• Recent member

sry if it counts as bumping but I couldnt find the information on how to do it, also I tried to use zoneswitch with [Name]="IPC" and -[Name]="IPC" but it wouldnt remove (ipc) from the sources meaning I couldnt play JRiver and Game audio simultaneously. I love using JRiver but it feels weird having to switch to spotify.. so I appreciate any help :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Investigate Exclusive Mode.  It can be disabled in Audio settinngs.

Pesaudio

• Recent member

Yay it worked! :) I disabled exclusive mode on media center in audio settings and put the WDM player and (not wdm player) in a Group and put both of those in DirectSound. Ofcourse with the zoneswitch rule applied as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up