INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very weird behavior with DLNA  (Read 282 times)

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Very weird behavior with DLNA
« on: May 29, 2020, 07:23:36 pm »

So, I'm working on getting JRiver communicating to a Sony 4k tv via DLNA.

I've had some trouble, but also seem to have gotten things working fairly well, and those travails are in a different post.

BUT, one very peculiar behavior that I noticed at one point.

I was playing with trying different transcode video formats (to see what might be acceptable to the Sony TV), and at one point, when I browsed into my "Movies" folder on the TV (using the DLNA features), it showed 2 entries for "Bigger better faster More".

I was puzzled as to where the hell that was coming from as I don't have any movies titled that or categories like that.

So I searched videos, nothing.
Images. nothing
Audio. AHA! I have two tracks in my library. They're the same song, but the album name is different on each. In one, the album is "Bigger Better Faster, More!", and on the other it's "Bigger Better Faster More?".

So I went back to the TV and sure enough, it was the two album names that were getting listed, as Movies, under the Video category!

Of course they didn't play (when I tried I just got a generic "Can't play that video" message.)

I shut down JRiver and restarted. Same thing.

I powered off and UNPLUGGED the tv, restarted. Same thing.

So then I reset the DLNA server statistics, and restarted JRiver. Only then did the selection of movies finally go back to what it was supposed to be, with nary a mention of any 4 non blonde albums.

Very strange.

I have no idea if I can replicate it, though i could try. When I went to the logs, I couldn't find any mention of "Bigger", so I'm guessing there wouldn't be much in the logs to help.

Just wanted to mention this to the devs, just in case it might ring some bells.

Very weird to say the least.

And the notion that "Resetting statistics" would have any effect is odd as well. Maybe that was just timing. Or maybe it did have an effect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up